Knives Out Reviews

• 1d ago

Great !!!! Knifes Out offers great moments of tension and refined dialogue in this clever suspense.

• 4d ago

MEDIOCRE. Acting cast is excellent, and the visual esthetic is quite nice. But the beating heart of the movie is it's story... Rian Johnson isn't a very good writer, and is meh at directing (I now understand why his Star Wars movie was crap). What he need's is a good script writer who can punch holes in his dumb story meanderings and turn his mediocre into great. I'm probably going to avoid anything with his name on it for the rest of my days.

• Jan 17, 2021

Absolutely genius - love to see a new blockbuster idea - very refreshing

Absolutely genius - love to see a new blockbuster idea - very refreshing

• Jan 17, 2021

The best movie ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

The best movie ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

• Jan 15, 2021

Excellent across the board: acting, storyline, humor, sets, suspense. I can't imagine how they could have done this better. A must see, especially for those who like 'who done its'. Refreshing to see the James Bond actor Daniel Craig in a different and compelling role.

• Jan 14, 2021

Very entertaining and funny movie. I r8 8/8

Very entertaining and funny movie. I r8 8/8

• Jan 14, 2021

I don't understand what the hype was about, after watching the first hour of the movie I just did not feel compelled to watch the rest of it; just over 30 mins into this "whodunit" murder mystery movie they tell you who did it, and how jarring is Daniel Craig btw? An actor as British as they come, playing a character with the most French name I've ever heard, forced to put on a deeply southern US accent, what? and yeah, the person who did it deserves to go to jail, no moral confliction there, the way she accidentally kills him is so idiotic that she deserves to go to prison for sheer stupidity. All the medicine stuff has dropped to the floor, two very similar bottles (except for their names in massive bold texts) one bottle is supposed to be emptied into his veins, it's his medicine, the other bottle will kill him in 10 mins if injected, and she DOESN'T BOTHER TO CHECK WHICH ONE SHES PUMPING HIM WITH?!?! I have no idea what happens after the first hour but the fact that this film does not compel me to find out means that it is just not a good movie, if it's supposed to be about whether she deserves to go to jail then it's an extremely poor movie.

• Jan 13, 2021

A great who done it film full of actors trying to fit inside a different genre.

A great who done it film full of actors trying to fit inside a different genre.

• Jan 12, 2021

Incredible. Loved it! Even on just one watch, it's one of my favourites already - I have a feeling I'll be revisiting this a lot. I had heard amazing things about this since its release and, man, is the hype befitting. It's a brilliant 131 minutes, even if it feels much shorter than that given how enjoyable it is. The casting is impeccable. Daniel Craig is superb in the role of Blanc, I've actually found Craig a tad hit-and-miss - even with 'James Bond' - but he is utterly superb here; even with that unusual yet definitely entertaining accent. It's by no means The Craig Show, though. Ana de Armas is excellent as Marta, she does a lot of heavy lifting in terms of making her character's situation fully believable. She's great from start-to-finish. Michael Shannon is top notch too, I literally always find him fun to watch - from 'Boardwalk Empire' to, even, 'Kangaroo Jack'. Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Evans, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, Lakeith Stanfield and Christopher Plummer are all fantastic too. The plot is enthralling, it's crafted together expertly. It reveals bits way earlier than I was predicting, which made me worry it was going to all fall flat at any moment but it kept turning out to be the perfect time to twist the story. The comedy is also very funny, I laughed a fair amount. A joy to watch! I haven't got a bad word to say about 'Knives Out'.

• Jan 11, 2021

Chris Evans is the only highlight.

Chris Evans is the only highlight.