The Land Before Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Land Before Time Reviews

½ May 4, 2017
Fondly remembered as a part of my childhood. It is still watchable and magical today as long as you stay away from the sequels, which may taint your opinion of it. This is the only movie that was directed by Don Bluth in the thirteen feature series, and it is honestly the only one worth watching. (First viewing - Childhood)
May 2, 2017
Hear we go a other good show to see!! I watched this when I was younger and I liked it a lot!! Kids can learn about dinosaurs when I watch this it could be a good learning experience but hay it is a good movie!!
April 17, 2017
Still a timeless tale filled with fully fresher out characters going on an emotional ride.
March 26, 2017
The Land Before Time is definitely a film that I personally grew up watching it and I still love this movie today. This is definitely Don Bluth's best creation.
March 11, 2017
Loved this so much growing up only think i would want to watch it was great graphics and keep me entertsined
January 4, 2017
Wonderful classic!!!
½ December 31, 2016
The Land Before Time is a charming and unforgettable movie that seamlessly blends mild social commentary, deep life insight, and plenty of fun. It's a film fit for all ages, and it will speak to all audiences, in one way or another. The film plays as well today as it did about a quarter-century ago and is one of the few that's all but guaranteed to remain a classic for many decades to come.
½ December 21, 2016
I do like The Secret of NIMH more, also the movie is a little too cutesy and there are some pacing issues, but the animation is beautiful, boasting the dark and dramatic as well as the endearing and profound.
½ December 21, 2016
A childhood favorite! Have never gotten tired of dinosaurs ever since, though, I haven't payed attention to them as much as I used to!
½ December 10, 2016
Impressive animation, cute story
½ December 6, 2016
Great movie, but it did made me cry alot.
December 1, 2016
The Land Before Time is directed by Don Bluth, and it's an adventure kids film about a young dinosaur that's all alone, and has to go to the great valley, and while there, he come across some other animals and created the group. I feel very ashamed that I never seen this ever as this is well known, although not as famous as Disney flicks. So now I finally watched it, it's a terrific film. The acting is really good, and the characters are simple, but effective enough for me to care about them. The plot is more simple than The Secret of NIHM, but consider that it's a dinosaur film, that's probably what you can do with it, and it's perfectly fine. The score by James Horner is better than I thought it was going to be in a kid's film, and there's a lot of scenes that are surprisingly intense to watch, but not too tense for small kids to handle. It's got sad scenes that's effective enough for some people to cry, and it's got humor that has a lot of laughs. In terms of comparisons, Land Before Time is not quite as good as The Secret of NIHM as, like I said, this story is more simple, even though NIHM's story is also simple, it's deep enough that makes the film more memorable. I was going to review it as its own, and so for it, I really enjoyed it very much.
½ November 11, 2016
Beautiful animation, hilarious characters and a darker take for a children's story make this film a classic that will live on for a long time.
November 2, 2016
Beautiful animation (as for any of Don Bluth's features) and a wonderfully smart scenario. Unfortunately, this one gave birth to too many sequels. I guess this fact simply makes the original movie even more treasurable.
½ October 25, 2016
Five different prehistoric characters get together for an adventure to find the promised Valley after earthquakes separate them from their families.
½ October 12, 2016
While this is much shorter than I like most movies to be, it was still a movie that I really enjoyed as a child. I think most kids today would like it today as well. This series got a bit crazy with the sequels, but the original is still the best.
September 28, 2016
Pretty boring for adults. Strictly for kids.
August 17, 2016