Made in America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Made in America Reviews

½ October 14, 2016
misto intimitatea cu artistii si povestea lor. muzica nu reiese asa de mult in prim plan, ci organizarea festivalului si povestile artistilor. m-am oprit dupa primele 30 de min
December 24, 2014
Too much of musicians talking about themselves like gods, and not enough documentary about the festival itself.
½ December 6, 2014
A fun music documentary that tries to bring some social commentary in the mix, but is not totally successful. If only Howard had spent more time with the everyday people who are taking advantage of the opportunity of the festival. You could have still mixed in interviews with the artists, but it would have been a much better documentary if you showed how being Made in America was really possible. But the music is fun, and the performances are pretty great. If you're a fan of these artists, you'll probably find enough to enjoy here.
½ July 31, 2014
7/10
Documentation of the Budweiser Made in America Festival, organized and founded by Jay-Z. Director is Ron Howard. Live Segments of Jay-Z, Rita Ora, Kanye, Odd Future, Run DMC, Janelle Monae, Skrillex, The Hives, D´Angelo, ...... Some Backstage Cuts. Artists and Festival Workers were interviewed, mostly they´re telling some boring motivational speeches, but the Live segments are too good, to be really annoyed by that
July 13, 2014
what is this a remake of America , but this time the setting is in the present
July 10, 2014
Really good bits of well rounded performances.
July 9, 2014
If you're in to urban music, you'll really enjoy "Made In America." Features some of today's most popular rappers, this is like an all-access backstage pass. You won't believe that directing this movie is one of Hollywood's whitest faces, Opie himself, Ron Howard. I tryed with this one, but I'm not going to lie. I'm just not in to rap. You notice, I didn't say music...sorry but as a child of Motown, I simply can't.
July 8, 2014
Looks like a big Jay-Z advertisement.
June 9, 2014
I liked it and like tyler, the creator and jill scott
½ June 3, 2014
Jay Z and Ron Howard take you behind the scenes of a two day festival Hov organises in Philadelphia. The hook being the theme of the everyman's pursuit of happiness and achieving your dreams etc. Not that any of that truly resonated with me per say I just thought it was a nice all access peek behind the curtains. The usual music breaking boundaries/ work hard and you'll get your dreams schmaltz we've heard a million times but with captivating live music footage accompanying the somewhat preachy monologues.
February 23, 2014
Great look back at the first Ever Made in America Festival...brings back some memories since I was there :)
November 16, 2013
if you love music you'll love this doc made by Ron Howard
November 5, 2013
A well done documentary feature about all genres of music coming together. Different perspectives are gathered to meld one fluid film.