Major League II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Major League II Reviews

January 1, 2017
This movie was alright, not as good as the original. The acting and the plot could have been better.
June 13, 2016
Retread sequel with more of the same.
½ May 14, 2016
A forced, silly, and awful sequel.
½ May 5, 2016
All our favorite players are back it's just unfortunate they aren't given anything new or refreshing to do.
April 22, 2016
2nd best major league movie ever made!
½ January 11, 2016
A lot of laughs and a feel good ending.
October 4, 2015
There's nothing particularly original here, but Major League II holds up pretty decently. This is the second time around getting to know these characters and root for them, and while it's predictable it's still exciting when the Indians start winning. One thing that did bother me is that it's obviously shot at Camden Yards when it's supposed to be Cleveland. I feel like they could have done a better job disguising that. Overall, the first movie is better but this one's not bad.
July 14, 2015
One of the worst sequel ever...take away the R rating and throw in a stupid plot and you have a messy follow up to a classic....eh.
July 2, 2015
Yes, the first film was a fluke..
April 19, 2015
This was as bad as the first was good......what a bad turnaround.
January 3, 2015
I find this movie to be a really good follow up to the first film, I like all the characters stories and find the movie on whole to be a whole lot of fun just like the first one.
December 30, 2014
The way this sequel was performed was by the act of puppeteering by depending on how the characters performed and what they were developed for in the plot. The worst pieces were Margaret Whitton being indirectly nastier while performing badly; and Randy Quaid's at his most annoying despite being a little bit funny in one moment. Speaking of funny, there are about a couple of moments that are funny while the returning cast from the first film had pleasantly returned to the field that's actually somewhat the movie's core. The total score of this sequel is enjoyably watchable as we can enjoy this more than the fans from the film. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
December 15, 2014
It was not as good as the first one. They made some changes to look like the second film, but the second one looked like the first one all over again. Overall, Major League II was so predictable and it was so bad to watch.
½ August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Late teen years)
April 28, 2014
Another great baseball film!
TheDudeLebowski65
April 17, 2014
Sequel to Major League is a pretty good follow up to the original, but it's not as great as the first. Most of the original cast return with a few changes, most notably this replacement of Wesley Snipes. The film has some good gags, but it's hard to beat, considering that the first was terrific; however the filmmakers and cast manage to make this one amusing and entertaining. The film does manage to take elements of the first, and puts and the filmmakers put a somewhat interesting new twist to the story. I enjoyed this sequel, but I also felt that they could have put more effort into making a terrific sequel. Considering that this is a sequel to a comedy, Major League II is better than most sequels, as most fail to capture the fun of the original. Here we get an amusing, entertaining movie, and it is a funny film, but it's not as great as the original film either. This is worth seeing if you're a fan of the first film, and it manages to be a worthwhile film to watch. The film may reuse some ideas, but it's as bad as many other follow ups either. Major League uses a familiar formula, and it's a satisfying film even if it's not that original. Some of the jokes are good here, but like I said before they could have been better. For a sequel, this is a good attempt, and it was an interesting idea as well. With most of the cast returning to reprise their roles, it makes this one much better than you might think.
November 15, 2013
"Major League" goes the "Police Academy" route: a successful, funny, and R-rated initial film followed by a tepid PG-rated sequel.
August 22, 2013
While they returned practically the whole roster, it's the climactic return of Wild Thing that highlights this film - just in time to save the Series but not the series.
July 6, 2013
An Un Needed Sequel.
June 22, 2013
awesome movie...better then the 1st and a must see for a comedy fan!