Major League II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Major League II Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
April 17, 2014
Sequel to Major League is a pretty good follow up to the original, but it's not as great as the first. Most of the original cast return with a few changes, most notably this replacement of Wesley Snipes. The film has some good gags, but it's hard to beat, considering that the first was terrific; however the filmmakers and cast manage to make this one amusing and entertaining. The film does manage to take elements of the first, and puts and the filmmakers put a somewhat interesting new twist to the story. I enjoyed this sequel, but I also felt that they could have put more effort into making a terrific sequel. Considering that this is a sequel to a comedy, Major League II is better than most sequels, as most fail to capture the fun of the original. Here we get an amusing, entertaining movie, and it is a funny film, but it's not as great as the original film either. This is worth seeing if you're a fan of the first film, and it manages to be a worthwhile film to watch. The film may reuse some ideas, but it's as bad as many other follow ups either. Major League uses a familiar formula, and it's a satisfying film even if it's not that original. Some of the jokes are good here, but like I said before they could have been better. For a sequel, this is a good attempt, and it was an interesting idea as well. With most of the cast returning to reprise their roles, it makes this one much better than you might think.
½ July 20, 2007
It continues the laughs from the first Major League film. The team has a new female owner. About the same as the first film. I liked seeing James Gammon as the crusty coach.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 24, 2007
decent but a shadow of the first
March 13, 2006
PG rated and a different Willie Mays Hayes? Why dont you just make me pull out.
½ April 24, 2008
Not as good as the first but defenitley up there in the list of top sports movies.
January 20, 2007
It comes back with another round of baseball. Nothing special.
June 11, 2012
Ughhh. I like Omar Epps but you can't replace Wesley Snipes with him. Snipes killed the first movie.
½ April 21, 2010
Not as good as the first. Omar Epps does an admirable job filling in for Wesley Snipes, but it just was kind of tired.
June 8, 2007
Really, nothing more than rehash from the first one. The Indians still suck (what's new?) They switched Wesley Snipes for Omar Epps in the Willie Mays Hayes role and it seriously affected the cast's chemistry. On top of that you bring in a no-talent hack like David Keith, insert that Randy Quaid nutjob into a central role as a fan, and eliminate, for the most part, James Gammon's team skipper role, which is the best role of the first film. But the worst thing was turning Charlie Sheen into a clean-cut corporate stool pigeon. THAT is your attempt at originality? Give me a break. Some funny moments. The Japanese player brought some hilarity. But it was very limited.
May 27, 2009
I like this especially that one of all of them was fighting and Willie Hayes told the catcher that he was not going to slide and goes flying in the air.
½ July 10, 2008
David S. Ward strikes out with this sequel, half as funny considering the actual Indians actually aren't that bad anymore.
May 23, 2008
not as good as the original of course...nothing against omar epps, but i hate actor changes on a character...still okay...better than part 3!!
December 18, 2007
The Indians are now a World Series contender. But last year's hunger is now replaced with complacency, and bad decisions by the new owner threaten to tear the team apart.
August 4, 2007
One of my favorite childhood movies. The characters are hilarious and it improves on the original. "Excuses, escuses! That's all you guys do good!"
½ July 1, 2007
One and Three were the better ones.This couldnt match the first and it was painfuilly obvious it was Camden Yards and not the Jake they were playing in.Plus Omar Epss is a good actor but Wesley Snipes is who I think fo when you mention Willie Mays Hayes.
½ June 16, 2007
They lost snipes for this one but I thought it was a solid sequal. Corbin was at his best in this one.
½ June 8, 2007
Some distasteful elements kind of shadow the movies good sides. I do like the chemistry between the characters though.
½ May 21, 2007
Not as good as the orignal but it has it moments as the Indians face themselves and a new season in the 2nd film
May 2, 2007
Snipes is gone, not good. But hey, Sorano giving up a game winning run to save a pigeon and Bob Ucker getting drunk, meh it worth a watch
½ March 5, 2007
If they could have gotten Wesly Snipes back it would have been better, I think. But overall, not bad and still teh best way to watch baseball!
LOLOL