Man Down - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man Down Reviews

August 15, 2017
Too slow and strangely filmed. Killed time whilst off ill but really not worth it.
If you look at the story it's interesting and worrying to see how war could affect a family but on the hole to film abit dull
½ August 13, 2017
Gripping. A great performance by Shia.
July 24, 2017
I am not certain how I had not heard about this movie until now. Shia LaBeouf was hands down sensational and I feel he always is. He makes you feel the character by how is consumes his part.
July 19, 2017
Shia killed it in this performance and it really shows the struggles of PTSD
½ July 4, 2017
I want my money back. I'm actualyy angry about wasting so much time on this.
June 18, 2017
so boring. it barely kept my interest. i finished it on fast speed. it was very emotional and about feelings and lameness. if this movie went in a different direction and was done right, it could have been great. shiah was good (1 viewing)

SPOILERS

this movie had a really cool twist. unfortunately it was executed poorly and surrounded by a boring movie. we thought he was in a post apocalyptic world, when he was just a crazy homeless vet who created a delusion for himself to cope with what happened in the war along with how his wife cheated on him. it was a really good twist that was wasted, and is the only reason i didn't give this movie half a star. i really hated that the movie took the route of the cheating girlfriend. also, there was another "twist" that i figured out way earlier than the "reveal," that his friend is already dead and he's imagining talking to him
½ June 17, 2017
Would rather get colon cancer than have to sit through this movie
May 27, 2017
Great movie. Everyone here who thinks this is a bad movie and call themselves critics, you're trash.
½ May 21, 2017
I didn't understand what on earth was going on as it was quite confusing for me until about 3/4 of the way through the film when I realised what was going on and then I was quite distressed by it as I know only too well the difficulties of that condition ??
½ May 5, 2017
I wouldn't have stuck around for long if it wasn't for Shia LaBeouf's powerful and magnetic performance.
May 1, 2017
It takes a while to realize it (and the extent of the issue at hand) but once you do it's sad and highlights how huge of a problem PTSD for soldiers is.
April 30, 2017
At least never-ending-war has created never ending opportunity for bad filmmaking about never-ending-war. Kate Mara sure doesn't need the money. Her family literally owns 2 (two) NFL teams (ever wonder how the Mara sisters got into Hollywood?).
½ April 30, 2017
Certainly not the best movie but I don't think it deserves such a low rating from the critics. Shia's acting in this film is probably his best yet and it deals with a very powerful subject matter that you don't see a lot of other films do.
April 29, 2017
this was a sad and informative movie, it sheds a light on the pain and suffering some vets go through when dealing with PTSD. once again Shia's solid acting was on point I personally loved the connection Gabriel had with his son, I thought it was really cute. I don't want to say too much on this review without revealing what happens in the movie, but it definitely was money well spent and I'll probably end up streaming it on my Xbox and watch it again.
½ April 28, 2017
Complex, graphic insight into the mind of a soldier battling PTSD.
April 25, 2017
Open your eyes to the truth. It's not just a movie.
½ April 23, 2017
Gives a terrible depiction of combat vets to a society that is largely ignorant about PTSD. Despite this films erroneous depiction Marines and vets as a whole we are not all ticking time bombs waiting to go on a killing spree.
April 14, 2017
Absolutely amazing such a powerful story , despite its poor reviews from people who clearly have some sort of issue this movie shares the same qualities as films like lone survivor and American sniper they truley make you see in the moment , it takes a lot of concentration to follow this film but just wow so touching with such a powerful message really makes you aware on soldiers suffering with PRAD and what it does to them ! Ignore the bad reviews and waTech this movie I promise you won't be let down
April 13, 2017
This was a great movie. One of the most accurate portrayals of mental wounds after war that I've ever experienced. Well done