Marley Reviews

• Sep 28, 2019

A beautiful manifestation of the inner workings of Bob Marley footage, accounts of those he surrounded himself with, and a look into the life of the reggae superstar's highs, lows, and the incredible music that came from it all.

• Nov 14, 2018

This film was solid.

This film was solid.

• Jun 02, 2018

A life worth documenting. A man of simple politics and simple messages and his rise and humility is well recounted here with access to an impressive cast of the people closest to him.

• Sep 06, 2017

A look into a person's life/profile not only tells his/her story but also giving us a look into the inherited culture. This celebrated biographic documentary does that for Bob Marley as some sort of refreshing statement for the genre, though it strays a bit farther from the subject. It's introductory into the jam, culturally insightful, and hearteningly optimistic till it gets to the chilling end. (B+) (Full review TBD)

• Feb 18, 2017

A very insightful documentary that reverberates with emotion and intelligence. I watched this with someone who knew little to nothing of Marley and they came away wanting to get all of his albums. Brilliant!

• Jan 24, 2017

Long and complete, I had to take multiple sittings to finish this documentary but it was well worth it. It took an as unbiased approach a documentary can. It showed the bad and the good in a simple non-judgmental manner, almost like a rastafari! It did not make Bob Marley God as he is in Jamaica but showed glimpses of why he attained that position, at the same time did not make him the devil of drugs which some people claim him to be. Great watch for music lovers and Marley fans!

• Jan 01, 2017

What I liked most about this film is it really digged deep behind the inspiring music and legend of Bob Marley revealing what made him tick, and the true meaning of his impacting music. It will change how you view him as an artist and change the way you listen to his art. I have only more respect for the man rather than the legend. Thank you Bob...

• Apr 16, 2016

I'm usually all about documentaries, and especially musical artist. This was long and dragged out. Lots of great interviews but yes boring.

• Feb 22, 2016

This movie gave me emotional feels after like I knew this was something great and exactly so Bob Marley is a human inspiration to humanity as he's influenced reggae, Rasta, and Jamaican societal struggle.

• Feb 18, 2016