Meet Joe Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meet Joe Black Reviews

January 10, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time, interesting plot, great acting, musical score and twists. Watched several times and enjoy each one more.
January 9, 2017
This was a long dragging film. It didn't explain a whole lot behind the reasoning behind the plot. Brad Pitt's character in this movie was like Edward Cullen in Twilight, just trying to be a mysterious pretty boy. There's no way in real life that people would react the same way if ever they encounter such a person. It's not even a deep movie.
December 18, 2016
long but enjoyable, need to check out Broadway Restaurant in New York now...
November 23, 2016
Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. It moved me to tears. Sure there were parts that might have been a bit corny, but even those parts were overlooked with the overall message of the film. It truly inspired me to want to be a better person like the lead who Anthony Hopkins portrayed. The music and film score was also very moving and touching the entire time while adding to the depth of the film, and many times the music felt as though it was perfectly timed with how everything else was proceeding.

I would absolutely watch this movie again.
October 10, 2016
There are some good moments with the cast, but the film gets weighed down by a three hour run time, and never fully investigates the concept of death as a character. There are so many questions and loose ends that could have been further explored and capitalized on.
September 28, 2016
A brilliant idea beautifully embodied with some fine acting and amazing dialogues. Deep and philosophical on multiple levels. This is a movie about family, love, relationships, work, character-building and everything in between life and death.
July 17, 2016
A rare case of me agreeing with the critics - this was boring.
July 11, 2016
Clair and Brad....WOW!!!!!! The perfect chemical reaction that makes you want to watch over and over. Let's not leave out Hopkins who gives another one of his magnetizing performance makes this movie an all times treasure.
½ July 5, 2016
Laborious and boring. Other than that, no bad.
June 27, 2016
it had a great cast, but I feel the story lacked any relatable quality to the average audience and squandered the chemistry that the young couple displayed in their first meeting early in the picture.
June 19, 2016
A number of things are bizarre about this one. Most notably how its syrupy Sunday-afternoon-TV-movie conceit contorts itself into a ludicrous three hour runtime.
June 10, 2016
It's kinda cheesy which isn't my thing but for some reason I just love this movie. Good acting, interesting story line and the music works well to capture the emotion of each scene.
June 9, 2016
The only redeeming thing about the movie is Sir Anthony Hopkins delivering bad lines as best as he can.
½ April 17, 2016
This is actually a great film. Even the lengthy run time some how reflects what it is trying to convey.
March 30, 2016
Slow but awesome movie big fun of Brad Pit great acting. My dad really loves it too even do he couldn't understand some english. He said his like the old guy in the movie. I told him can you buy me a ferrari :)
February 14, 2016
I mean, most of the stars are for Brad Pitt in his prime as far as the looks department goes. As for the movie, it's okay but it makes some choices that I feel limit the actual impact of the film. Why make Death so clueless? The guy spends all of his time watching people and killing them, why wouldn't he know phrases or the concept of names or that peanut butter is a thing? I guess I can get behind him experiencing stuff for the first time, that's the most intriguing part. But his feigned cluelessness added nothing to it...especially when that all gets flipped in the end anyhow for the like, only plot twist of the film (when he takes down the backstabber). There's also a couple of scenes that just come across as laughable.... mostly when the movie pauses for 5 minutes to reiterate stuff to you (re: them walking away from the diner. Or just him getting hit by that car in general was fairly hilarious).
All in all, an interesting concept that wasn't only half executed well.
February 4, 2016
Great movie especially with the unique twist
January 4, 2016
The premise of the movie isn't bad, and many of the actors are good in their respective roles, but the movie drags. It's too long and the ending was not satisfactory.
December 23, 2015
One of my favorite movies. Still ball my head off after seeing it at least 30 times.