Message in a Bottle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Message in a Bottle Reviews

½ September 14, 2016
A good movie. Not my favorite Nicholas Sparks.
½ August 9, 2016
A widower sends messages by dumping them in this sea and a heartbroken writer falls in love with him. Yawn!
February 17, 2016
You know that movie where a famous doctor/cannibal/serial killer cuts open a victim's skull, cuts away some brain matter w/out killing the guy, fries it up in a hot skillet, and then feeds it again to the victim ("that's good," said the poor schmuck)? Well here at last is the cinematic equivalent to that experience.
September 6, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH......I THINK THAT THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS THE LATE GREAT PAUL NEWMAN (.R.I.P.), AS HE STOLE THE SCENES HE WAS IN THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......I WAS SURPRISED TO FIND OUT THAT HAYDEN PANETTIERE (FROM THE BRILLIANT TV SERIES HEROES) WAS IN THIS MOVIE, BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS JUST SO BAD.......
½ May 25, 2015
Hated to have to find this message.
December 19, 2014
Heart wrenching and then the ending happens and you are like "really?!"
½ October 25, 2014
A very romantic movie that makes you want to cry.
October 4, 2014
OMG just as good as the book! And omg the ending made me cry so hard!!!!!! And the last letter that Garrett wrote killed me!!!!!
½ July 19, 2014
In terms of mawkish, typical, girly chick-flick, this gave a glimpse to a unreachable pure kind of love. The ending leaves the viewers feeling empty and uncomfortable. But throughout the film there are many great moments and somehow I enjoyed seeing that pure kind of love prevail in becoming the thing to long for.
June 16, 2014
Great romance has sexuality. Ages 12+
June 12, 2014
Newman was at his 70's here
how can he still looks that GOOD
he even outshines Kevin Costner #imo
½ April 19, 2014
"Love, lose, & depression, & love, after love"

***1/2

See if you can dig this; fate delivers a message in a bottle that got thrown into the Atlantic Ocean; the message is about a man & his wife; it is no less delivered to the sick dying wife; separated from her husband & living with her parents. She writes on the message & throws it back in the ocean right before her husband arrives to take her home to die.

The movie: is about, love, lose, & depression, & love, after love; guy's call this a total girly movie. For me shortly after the beginning of this film I could predict every scene that would come next. Never the less it was not unbearable to watch it & this will be a decent movie for a couple to enjoy, or a fan of love stories.

~

I give this film a C (Common)
½ March 23, 2014
I guess I just like the actors! Makes even a somewhat slow script can be handled by great actors, even if not much is demanded of them. I enjoyed it.
March 11, 2014
Is an amazing movie. Wright and Costner played their roles famously, Great chemistry. Ending was entirely to sad however. Wished for a happy ending where they were reunited. I do not like sad endings but even with the ending I give it a 4 star. (my end result, tear streaked face and a hurt in my heart for Theresa.) Maybe just once Nicolas Sparks could write a stellar love story where there is a happy ending, it seems as if all his books / movies based off his books (that I've seen/or read) end sadly.
March 1, 2014
It's got to be hard to play a long-grieving widow, and it shows in Costner's yawn of a performance. Newman, as his cranky old man father makes up for it though. The book is definitely better, and I'm sure it captures the grief and struggle to love again in its words so much more than this movie ever could.
½ February 6, 2014
See if y-o-u can dig this; fate delivers a message in a bottle that got thrown into the Atlantic Ocean; the message is about a man & his wife; it is no less delivered to the sick dying wife; separated from her husband & living with her parents. She writes on the message & throws it back in the ocean right before her husband arrives to take her home to die. Later a divorced single mother that works for the Chicago Tribune finds the bottle while on vacation by the shore; fascinated by the words on the message: she uses her contacts as a journalist to find the man that, wrote the message.

½ January 15, 2014
Terrible chemistry, empty story and annoying music. Ick.
January 8, 2014
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
½ December 2, 2013
The title is romantic but the movie is frustratingly depressing. It's an overrun.
½ November 24, 2013
Storyline slow but otherwise a great sappy love story. The ending however could have been better.