My Mom's New Boyfriend Reviews

• Dec 11, 2017

This is a very good comedy. Most reviewers slammed it, but I enjoyed it. I suggest potential viewers not blindly follow the bad reviews, watch for yourselves.

• Oct 24, 2017

It's not super complicated, plot wise, but it has these little cute funny things that make it worth watching. It's from 2008, so if you like movies of this genre, just give it a shot one day. You might enjoy it.

• Nov 28, 2016

Most unfortunate movie Obviously the director couldn't distinguish the difference between a free spirit and an ass, and Meg Ryan just ended up being too embarrassing to watch.

• Sep 07, 2015

George Gallo fait partie de cette caste de réalisateurs qui est capable d'enchaîner de vrais bons films (Middle Men, 29th Street) avec des sacrés navets (Mon voisin le Tueur 2, Trapped in Paradise) sans pour autant qu'on puisse remettre en cause son talent certain. Malheureusement, My Mom's New Boyfriend est dans la deuxième catégorie, une comédie si pathétique qu'elle en deviendrait presque triste pour tous les acteurs impliqués. Si le film fait illusion pendant près d'une demi-heure, il se perd alors dans un mélange d'action pataude et de romcom abominable, avec la terrible Meg Ryan qui joue n'importe comment et Antonio Banderas qui n'a plus aucune limite. Colin Hanks reste sympathique mais il ne peut faire face à un tel scénario. Quant à la musique, on dirait un téléfilm Lifetime.

• Aug 17, 2015

Not a bad little romantic comedy. I love that it never really gets sappy and the jokes are big and goofy. Not for everybody, bit very watchable.

• Feb 19, 2015

perhaps about Meg Ryan´s surgeries she still huge talented and never she lost charming

• Jan 21, 2014

different - yes good - hmmmm

different - yes good - hmmmm

• Nov 21, 2013

The music is so comical that it is enough laughs all by itself, then add in the well written script and the laughter will just flow. The story is full of fun and is well acted by all involved making for an entertaining movie. The photography is well lit allowing a lot of atmosphere to percolate each scene. Nibbles: Green Salad.

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Aug 10, 2013

This American/German romantic action comedy directed by George Gallo, has some impressive cast. It is distributed under two names: "Homeland Security" and "My Mom's New Boyfriend" and it's listed twice in the RT database (first name with no plot), I am posting the same review for the both listings. This film wasn't bad at all... or maybe it's something wrong with me. Lots of people just didn't like it! Entertaining enough for a quiet night at home, especially if you are a fan of Antonio Banderas, Meg Ryan, Colin Hanks, Selma Blair and Trevor Morgan. The story of a young FBI agent whose obese mother managed to lose a lot of weight while he was 3 years away on an assignment, making him embarrassed because she is now fully enjoying a crazy life she was missing on before, was funny, with a twist and lots of romance. But his mother usually picks the wrong guys, according to Henry, from a college kid, to a bold Italian chief who cries every night at front of her house wanting to make "sweet love to her". One day she meets Tommy, a foreigner pretending to be an international business consultant... in reality he is an art thief who came to the town to steal the Bernini sculpture exhibited in the local museum... I won't give you the full story, because there is lots of twists, and the biggest surprise comes at the end, but I enjoyed this mildly entertaining romantic comedy with wonderful cast. Perfect to relax and not worry about anything too complicated to engage you too much.

• May 23, 2013

Antonio is so gorgeous, but even his good looks can't really save this movie. The plot wasn't that interesting, probably because Meg Ryan's character was so annoying that you didn't really care what happened to her. It was just really straightforward and has been done before in better ways. Selma Blair didn't really serve a purpose. Colin Hanks needs to get some better roles, he is a good actor and could do better.