My Scientology Movie Reviews

• Oct 23, 2019

Nonsense. If you don't know what scientology is, you're not going to learn from this movie. It doesn't explore the subject, doesn't criticize, reaches no conclusion. I'm suprised that it actually got distributed.

• May 15, 2019

STRENGTHS: Pretty funny, and I found myself very interested at the casting scenes. The Film starts with Louis saying he wants to find a bright side the, which is an optimistic outlook to say the least. WEAKNESSES: Sadly, Louis goes no where with this opening statement. This Documentary is going for entertainment over information.Well tread ground in which Louis sprinkles comedy on.

• May 10, 2019

This is a dreadfully dull documentary, why on earth Theroux thought this was worthy of being made into a feature film I have no idea, it would have been stretched as a normal 1 hour episode. All the way through Theroux seems far more intrigued and interested by Scientology than anyone else involved and indeed us the viewer. All churches/religions are a bit weird, playing creepy music while they stand their filming you, filming them doesn't give anything you say any greater gravitas. A real, real dud.

• Mar 07, 2019

I am a fan of Louis Theroux's BBC documentaries and have watched many of them. My Scientology Movie is an interesting insight into the controversial religion. I wish Louis Theroux had gotten access to The Church of Scientology and I wished he had interviewed a current Scientologist to see what they're getting out of it but as he was getting followed by members it does show how crazy the religion really is.

• Nov 27, 2018

Interesting and disturbing at the same time

Interesting and disturbing at the same time

• Oct 01, 2018

I like the documentaries of Louis Theroux, but "My Scientology Movie" adds nothing to all the other good stuff that already exists, like "Going Clear"(Excellent) and the TV-series by Leah Remini (paints a good picture of Scientology and how they operate). This movie adds nothing to the existing understanding - If anything it only shows that Louis Theroux never managed to get decent access!

• Feb 14, 2018

Very strange movie. Had some interesting exchanges Marty Rathbun was obviously still traumatized and didn't appear stable enough to have participated in a project like this. After seeing this, I'm no longer really surprised at his apparent return to the ranks of Scientology. Not great, but worth a watch.

• Feb 04, 2018

Louis Theroux is a good man, if you listen to & watch his podcasts with Joe Rogan as a guest he never holds back. He didn't hold back in this movie/documentary but the direction Louis took was a messy one with the hired actors re-enacting supposed scenarios. That was a risk and one which took part in breaking this documentary's goal and letting it fall apart. Yes, I expect a relatively decent viewing but didn't imagine it would end up like this. Indeed, I was surprised this "movie" was rated and regarded higher than it should be. Louis is a gentleman in reality.

• Jan 24, 2018

Very funny! Those who say there are no new angles in this doc were watxhing something else. The way Louis pushes back at the followers and watchers and the filmers, with what i can only describe as perfect aggressive passivity, is so satisfying and yet still scary. The fact that he has, through Marty, shown us the way Scientologist train to bully means that we can see their techniques at work as they claim ownership of publicity roads and try to intimidate people on the street and in airports.

• Nov 11, 2017

Gotta love a bit of Louis!

Gotta love a bit of Louis!