Parkland Reviews

• Dec 17, 2020

Texas Governor John Connely, who was also wounded during the shooting , has been written out of the story. This is a substantial revision, and it will offend sticklers, but the rest of us should be put on notice that we're not going for accuracy this time, or to sell or debunk any conspiracies. This is straight-up drama, and while Dallas, 1963 may seem done to death, I don't remember ever seeing this take before, and for me, it works. The focus on secondary characters allows us to get a feel of what this was like for ordinary people. I was five years old, so I really wouldn't know, but to me it feels real, and that feeling is what they're going for.

• Dec 10, 2020

Had the director, and screenwriter actually studied the assassination, which I guarantee they haven't, they would find that the evidence against Lee Harvey Oswald has so many contradictions, and inconsistencies that it doesn't add up at all. Fact of the matter is, the JFK assassination was a conspiracy, and its easy to prove so. That is if you analyze the evidence on both sides of the debate unbiasedly. Once you do, you'll find that the evidence for a conspiracy is so overwhelming, and that Oswald was framed for the crime. Not mention this film is based on the book by former prosecutor Vince Bugliosi, who has written many books on the assassination, all of which regurgitate the same "Oswald did it" lie. Bugliosi only became famous because he prosecuted Charles Manson.

• Jul 28, 2020

A Powerful and interesting different take on the JFK assassination.

A Powerful and interesting different take on the JFK assassination.

• Jul 28, 2020

Some interesting side stories about people caught up in the assassination. But it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Disappointing.

• May 30, 2020

Though the acting was quite good,Parkland fails to tell a significant story. Wanting tell many solo aspects swirling around JFK's death and how it had impacted them emotionally and physically, it fails at making a concrete attempt to draw much out in that aspect. So it got pretty boring. And as always with most new directors wanting stand out on how they present us with their ‘masterpiece' this movie suffers from the usual pretentiousness with tedious camera movements and angles, special effects, etc.

• Apr 01, 2020

Maybe because I was old enough to know all about this, being 15, but not too interesting to me. Perhaps younger viewers will like it better.

• Sep 26, 2019

It was a let down for me. With a great cast but such a lame film.

It was a let down for me. With a great cast but such a lame film.

• Jun 29, 2019

Being a fanatic when it comes to everything JFK and being in the medical field, this movie had me extremely excited at the concept. For some reason it just seems hastily done. You pretty much see Kennedy's face for all of 5 minutes in the movie. Something about it leaves a lackluster feeling.

• Apr 07, 2019

Delivered to commemorate 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination and based on Vincent Bugliosi's Four Day in November, this ensemble historical drama revisits the grievous days from lesser-known perspectives of the traumatised civilians compounded by the tragedy to let on about sympathies, ironies and disquieting minutia never before told.

• Jan 17, 2019

Otro relato de la muerte de Kennedy,es la historia que nos sumerge Landesman,Otros puntos de vista logran recrear un episodio que marca al pais de los estados unidos,Siendo este la capa menos mencionada de este evento.