Passengers Reviews

• Feb 16, 2020

This is one of those movies were the critics baffle me. Going by reviews I wasn't expecting much but this movie is great. You ask yourself real questions of life, ethic, mortality. Not sure I ever want to bother with a critic that hated this movie. They lack the enjoyment of the existential questions of life.

• Feb 10, 2020

A sure footed film that could have come across as stilted or too chaptery if not for Thomas Newman's score and Tyldum's solid direction. When I read the script on the blacklist years ago it played much like a chunky little B-movie, but with some star power and some budget it turned into something else, something I really didn't like on first watch, but here and now I really enjoyed for the pulpy, glossy sci-fi drama it is. Strangely I found this one of Chris Pratt's best performances, gentle and subdued and emotional. The plot contains some difficult morals but a castaway film always would and human nature and loneliness is a strange beast and I think is examined perfectly fine here and anyone's issues with it seem a little bandwagony instead of taking it as a film on its merits and it's genre. The 3D wasn't powerful at first, however once it settled, the deep close ups were powerful and added a lot to the movie, crisp, weighty shots against the commercial gloss of the set design. Overall it's a film that could have done more with its ideas but chose to settle with some Hollywood gloss, but as it goes, it's pretty solid, consistent stuff.

• Jan 31, 2020

Very slow to start, but once it gets going the story and emotions brought by the characters make it an overall very enjoyable film.

• Jan 23, 2020

The movie is able to face different state of mind along its development. The theme of the death is approached too lightly, but the entertainment is goos

• Jan 14, 2020

brilliant scans, inteligent plot

brilliant scans, inteligent plot

• Jan 13, 2020

I loved this movie Great Romantic, suspenseful fun!

I loved this movie Great Romantic, suspenseful fun!

• Jan 04, 2020

Good concept not so well made.

Good concept not so well made.

• Jan 03, 2020

Fascinating story. One of my favorite movies. If you like SciFi and romance. Ignore the critics on this one.

• Dec 23, 2019

Whatever critics have said about this movie, they are wrong. The movie is visually stunning. I have a big thing for cinematography and style in a film and this one is full of it. The plot was an interesting one that I have never heard of before. The film also does an excellent job at making us feel how the characters feel. The whole movie gives me anxiety as I watch it because of the gravity of the characters' situation and everything that goes wrong. This is an absolute must watch movie.

• Dec 20, 2019

I think alot of people just focus on one jerk move made in this movie and don't even stop to consider that in the same position, they would have struggled just as much. For me, all the emotional beats of this film land. It just works