Peterloo Reviews

• Mar 26, 2021

Very well made, but very boring. Such an important event portrayed horribly with a tedious and uninteresting script.

• Feb 05, 2021

Great acting, great script and great photography. Is a great film.

Great acting, great script and great photography. Is a great film.

• Jun 23, 2020

Peterloo shows a vision on the part of the people, from its construction to its execution. I consider it a good film since the film shows its base, its integration within Manchester until the end of the well-known Massacre of Peterloo in 1819, a year before the Industrial Revolution. What becomes crucial in the history of the film 'Peterloo'.

• Jun 10, 2020

Hard not to be outraged at what happened but such events don't arise in quite the same 'goodies versus baddies' way as this film suggests

• Apr 13, 2020

An interesting snapshot into another dark part of British history. A well researched period piece for history buffs. If you're after fast pace and lots of action this movie isn't for you.

• Mar 06, 2020

"Some things will get better and some things will never change" indeed. This film struck me as a painfully true-to-life painting a place and time that's entirely too apropos centuries later. Especially as I watch these 2020 US 'democratic' primaries unfold.

• Jan 02, 2020

Peterloo provided me (as an American) with some background knowledge as well as a feel for what it would have been like to experience this historic event in real life. I would highly recommend it to any amateur historians or interested folks.

• Dec 28, 2019

If your idea of a good movie has light Sabres or actors dressed as cats, then don't bother with PETERLOO. If you are able to listen and appreciate complex dialogue and the turn of the rhetorical phrase, history,politics and class struggle then you will greatly appreciate the acting,writing,direction and production values of this masterpiece. It is a banquet when most of today's filmmaking is fast, junk food. Nutritious and satisfying. It should be nominated for Oscar Best Film.

• Dec 01, 2019

Brings to life an important, haunting, neglected moment in history that helped shape the 19th century.

• Sep 30, 2019

Dreadful script and overacting - almost thought it was satirical for a while...

Dreadful script and overacting - almost thought it was satirical for a while...