Prometheus Reviews

• 10h ago

Ridley Scott's return to the alien univese was both thought provoking and slightly underwhelming at the same time. The visuals are very nice to look at but there are some character development issues that are hard to overlook. This film wants to ask so many questions sub-textually that it ends up not answering anything. It feels like the type of film that is just there to set up a sequel. Let me make this clear, I did quite enjoy the movie as a whole but there are problems with it. The best way I can put it is Prometheus is a film that was almost a masterpiece but just missed the mark.

• Apr 02, 2020

Some people didn't like having the backstory of ALIEN explored but I loved it. Sure, it's far from the best in the franchise but it wasn't horrible either. It's a flawed yet fun movie.

• Apr 01, 2020

I really got no words to say about this movie but it was good and entertaining Pros:- The visual effects were wonderful Not even a single part of the movie was boring Some creepy scene which was really good Story and screenplay was good Cons:- Lots of unanswered questions The acting of casts aren't up to the level(In my Perspective)

• Mar 30, 2020

This movie gets a 1.5 because of the beginning of this film, but Don't be fooled by pretty CGI, this film is Bad-Bad. The cinematography in the First Half of the film is absolutely beautiful. Amazing space shots, ship shots, environment, atmosphere, almost everything in the first half. You may have seen that David-statue meme, and it's exactly like that. The very beginning is just ok, and is just tying in the Bladerunner universe (Yes, they are canonically tied together which is Cool). Characterization is good, acting is ok, but the scenes and camera shots excels here... Then the second half. Terrible, Horrible, So Ugly and Stupid it is Insulting. I have Never been so physically Repulsed by a film since Starship Troopers 2. It is so beyond terrible Right at the 2nd half it makes you literally resent your redbox rental for that $1 and Anything else you could spend it on. It is beyond the beyond section of incompetence it makes you cringe like 2-1 cup. It's That bad. You also have to have seen the first 3 Alien movies (the special edition for 3) to Really get how bad this film is. If you Haven't seen the other movies, then you would just think this is a bad movie Max 3 stars if you were in a great mood on viewing, with your best friend and partner next to you, and you wanted to be nice. They Could have made it cool. They Could have made one of the best films you've ever seen, but the screenwriter died halfway through and they replaced him with a 2nd writer that was trying to get his associates in British Literature and needed some College-cash real quick. If they just cut the second half out and made it a direct-to-steam short, I'd give it a 3 for being too short and not making any sense, but Because of that second half, it is Completely Outrageous and the more you think about it, the worse it gets. Every Second it gets worse starting Very quickly, and it should be avoided like Covid. It does have 1 cool cameo relation to Alien, but that's it on cool stuff after halftime.

• Mar 21, 2020

Pretentious, boring pile of manure, this movie just tries to meld together parts of previous Alien movies and it expects us to believe humans came from another planet. Really it does. They talk about it multiple times. So idiotic. The leader of the crew looks like C Montgomery Burns only it's an actor who's really not that old who had really bad aging effects applied. I hated this movie when i saw it in theaters and I still hate it. Watch something else.

• Mar 20, 2020

The plot may be full of holes and questionable decisions by its characters run rampant, but the creeping element of undetected horror and visual distinction paint this as an entertaining series entry, a welcome return to form compared to previous films (if not in full force).

• Mar 17, 2020

Not a great movie but super enjoyable and entertaining!

Not a great movie but super enjoyable and entertaining!

• Mar 13, 2020

Muy buena, para mí si explica varias cosas de alien 1.

Muy buena, para mí si explica varias cosas de alien 1.

• Mar 11, 2020

Good movie, most of all because the concept aligns with the zeitgeist and nods to fascinating revelations of men before- like Sitchin.

• Mar 09, 2020

Mostly an underrated Sci Fi film misunderstood by fanboys who want everything handed to them in the first film.