Saban's Power Rangers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saban's Power Rangers Reviews

½ March 9, 2019
ummmmm guilty pleasure? yes. very fun and awesome, super nostalgia. lots of cool action, although some was flawed and sloppy. this is a fun mindless movie. lots of flaws and things you can make fun of but they didn't bother me because i was expecting it. and also because like the ninja turtles, some things can't really be done seriously in a live action movie. but i really enjoyed it. good music too (2 viewings)

SPOILERS

other than the little things you can make fun of, my biggest flaws with the movie are that Rita was kind of a joke, and that they only fought in their armor for like 60 seconds. i woulda liked to see more of that
February 5, 2019
Nostalgia managed to carry me through this surprisingly fair attempt at reimagining one of my childhood favorites. A very decent job was done building up to the pivotal moments however, the audience was let down each time. In the end the over done CG, messy and confusing fight scenes and overall anticlimactic nature of this movie made what could have been one of the best treatments of Power Rangers to date, fall a bit short.
February 1, 2019
I was a bit hesitant to begin with. The Power Rangers series typically sound like they're just reading from a book, but this one felt real and I think they managed to get the best part of Power Rangers/Super Sentai into a film.
½ January 30, 2019
This movie was a disaster. Plain and simple. First, I was intrigued in the beginning because there were some decent actors but then it died. Worst movie Iā(TM)ve ever seen
January 26, 2019
After second viewing of the movie I actually hope to see the second part, but much better then this one. with better script and more choreographiocal in fights and music
January 26, 2019
Power Rangers was well written, the actors were fantastic However, It suffered from the low budget stigma.
½ January 20, 2019
As a long-time Power Rangers fan, this film was amazing and funny.
January 19, 2019
My friends and I went and saw this movie in theatres twice, and now we all own a copy on blu ray and Amazon. For what it is worth, this movie is amazing. The retelling of the story is not only fresh and fun, but the characters are believable, likeable, and for anyone who enjoys a good storyline, it is definitely entertaining. From the acting to the special effects, to the incredible soundtrack, this movie is fantastic. Do not let anyone tell you differently. Go Go Power Rangers, and may there be many sequels.
½ January 18, 2019
This is one of the worst movies i have ever seen. Cgi dominates the action sequences and is mediocre at best. Every character is contrived, and there are no compelling character arcs. From my perspective, there is nothing redeeming about this ridiculous nostalgia-fueled cashgrab.
January 16, 2019
Maybe it's good as a kids movie or for the nostalgic.
January 9, 2019
Growing up with the original Power Rangers this movie was quite a departure from the kids show, I would say it is a quite refreshing departure. The movie plays out a bit slowly and takes a while to get into any real action. Though, this comes as no surprise since this movie is setting up the origin of the current PR team. I love what they have done to the storyline as it makes much more sense than the original MMPR series. I hope a second movie will be in our future.
January 7, 2019
Had high expectations due to being a fan since the 90s. Really enjoyed the film, well cast, good music, enjoyable origin story line, and simple, but effective, character development.
January 4, 2019
For a "modern take" on a nostalgic series, this feels like a bad fan fiction. It has cute call backs to past Ranger series, but the technology and actors' costumes look terrible! The previews leave nothing to be revealed. One scene - they should have all died! Another scene, one Ranger actually does die, but is revived. And you could make a drinking game out of how many times KrispyKreme is mentioned - in one scene alone! We get it, KrispyKreme sponsored the movie! Enough. already!
The original movie may have been a train wreck to produce, but I'll take its' non-canon plot and cheep CGI graphics, over this movie's fan-service and decayed graphics a 1000 times over!
January 2, 2019
Power Rangers is a little better than fine with enough potential for the series to eventually become truly good.
December 20, 2018
I actually really enjoyed this movie
½ December 16, 2018
Not horrible, but the choppy unenjoyable acting from it's stars weighs it down
December 3, 2018
An amazing movie with a great cast with excellent chemistry
November 25, 2018
This movie offers up a slightly darker, more realistic take on the Power Rangers. Unlike the show, it allows itself to explore the complexities of the team and portrays the trials and tribulations that each of the team faces on the daily without taking itself too seriously. We see these trials and tribulations move our characters forward, motivating them to save the world. The movie also makes up for its lack of morphin' with a compelling storyline, complete characters arcs, and an utterly terrifying villain in the form of Rita Repulsa.
November 18, 2018
The Power Rangers i watched as a child largely differ from the ones in this movie, but in the best way possible. This reimagining of the Power rangers is probably my favourite ever, because they all have actual character traits and problems that fit into a modern society. They feel like actual teenagers. The way i like to see it is that its the Breakfast Club with super powers, and the super powers just makes it even better, I couldn't have asked for a better movie.
November 15, 2018
Although there were some aspects of Power Rangers that I didn't like, I like the movie and I would see it again.