Shazam! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shazam! Reviews

½ April 13, 2019
I saw this movie with my brother and my dad and I hought it was far too scary for a 12a.
½ April 13, 2019
Did everyone see the same movie I saw? This movie sucks. The plot is dumb and the script is awful
April 13, 2019
Shazam!, like its titular superhero takes a little time to find its footing, but once the electrifying action and equally effective laughs take over, DC's latest becomes its newest success.
April 13, 2019
such a fun hearted with lot of humour pumping bloods!
April 13, 2019
The movie was really amazing! Love where DC made the turn. I love Both Marvel and DC.
½ April 13, 2019
Such a fun and charming movie, brings back many memories of Amblin movies from the 80's and has so mild scary bits. There is some obvious CGI but with the smaller budget it's to be expected but nothing that detracts from the overall experience.
½ April 13, 2019
Exceeded my expectations. More of a comedy than a super hero movie. Overall great movie.
April 13, 2019
Fun, light and simple but very entertaining. have a good time in the theater seeing this movie and that all about.
½ April 13, 2019
I walked out of this movie, and I haven't walked out of a movie in years.
½ April 13, 2019
Awesome movie zac has nail it i have great fun watching Shazam
April 13, 2019
The movie was soooo funny ´┐ 1/2~,´┐ 1/2~, ´┐ 1/2~, enjoyed it and it's full of surprise especially at the end
½ April 13, 2019
With charm, fun and highlight comic book props, DC finally establishes a film that's both: self-aware and understanding of a character's possibilities, offering an old fashion vibe worthy of the genre, as well as modern approaches in characters and storytelling, never mind the also dark themes the film is filled with from times to times, making it a vintage entry as well as a fresh one, David F. Sandberg crafted a satisfying superhero flick, only without a satisfyingly enough villain.
April 13, 2019
The main problem with this movie is that Billy Batson and Shazam are completely different characters. However, it's a funny film which works according to its essence.
April 13, 2019
It was a really good movie
½ April 13, 2019
After I watched the movie, I wished I had superpower to forget this movie. All he did was running around with few fight scenes. When you talk about supperhero movie, one would think action and fight scenes. But, not this one.
The character of Billy and Shazam was like 180 degree, where Shazam was funny and Billy was plain and boring.
There were few funny bits, but stil...
April 13, 2019
Pretty funny, I think is one of the best DCEU movies so far.
April 13, 2019
Such a wonderful movie. What a surprise, well done DC and Zachary Levi.
April 13, 2019
Good for all the right reasons...
April 13, 2019
BIG meets Spider-Man 2 - Good fun, good cast, good villain(s). Had a very Sam Raimi Spider-Man 2 vibe at times, with the horror, cheese, heroic action, etc, which is a good thing. Well written and thought out jokes with set-up and payoff.

Really good fun and faithful to the New 5//Rebirth comic books! Lots of DC easter eggs too!
April 13, 2019
I'm at a total loss. I do reviews for friends and family and I'm notorious for giving C+ movies a good review because of some redeeming quality I found in the story, characters-- even good special effects could put something over the top (but people would know why i rated something well). This really doesn't stand out for any reason, whatsoever. I've read a dozen reviews trying to just understand why it's rated so high. The actors were confined to a limited script, and the directing was awful (they did not deserve to include the homage to, e.g., Big). The story, which was already staked out in the graphic novels, was contrived and awkward, here, with a couple of interesting, well-handled devices like the subway ride.But the whole thing felt like it was TV, except TV, today, is often better. If you have kids and looking for a safe movie, see it with them--it's fine for them. If there is a redeeming value it's the prolonged commercial for foster care and the terrible if artbitrary reasons for which we care for or neglect children. That was handled ok.