Shirley Reviews

• 4d ago

Unclear but strong storytelling and thrilling moments behind talented performances and an interesting story.

• 5d ago

Nice movie Must see it

Nice movie Must see it

• Jul 06, 2020

If this movie were a pie, I would describe it by saying everything on the outside - the pastry, texture and aroma led me to believing the inside would satisfy as much as it promised. A few bites here and there, I could recognise and appreciate some ingredients and thought I might eventually be able to piece together all the fillings by the time I had finished it. That wasn't to be though. In the end, Shirley is a largely indigestible and deconstructed mess with unpalatable characters.

• Jul 02, 2020

Just didn't work for me. Slow and boring. I love Moss but this one was a dud.

Just didn't work for me. Slow and boring. I love Moss but this one was a dud.

• Jul 01, 2020

This is a little too weird to recommend unless you are really interested in the author. I thought the themes were pretty obvious and in your face. I’d be lying if the I said the film wasn’t made with style and mystique, but unfortunately the substance doesn’t follow as much as you’d hope

• Jun 30, 2020

Shirley be rollin' over this flick

Shirley be rollin' over this flick

• Jun 30, 2020

Stuhlbarg si Young rup baraca

Stuhlbarg si Young rup baraca

• Jun 28, 2020

I was disappointed as the description makes it seem like a psychological thriller but it wasn't. It was more a long winded drama, that disappoints at every turn, because you thinks something crazy is going to happen maybe. But it doesn't. the only good thing about it was the Elizabeth Moss, who played the part of a really stressed out writer perfectly.

• Jun 25, 2020

Overlong to make not to much of a point. I kept waiting for something to happen. It was more of a character study than anything else but even the "reveal" at the end was overtly boring. Almost put me to sleep. Elizabeth Moss was great though as was the supporting cast. Grade A acting and Grade F writing.

• Jun 25, 2020