Sightseers Reviews

• Apr 02, 2019

Wasn't really a fan of this dark comedy (I don't consider it to be a horror just because people get murdered in a joking manner). The jokes are ok, but only a few are really funny. The pair work really well together and their chemistry is very evident. Not sure I would recommend this film but hardcore fans of comedy (with a bit of horror) may appreciate this more than I did.

• Mar 23, 2019

It's Mike Leigh's NUTS IN MAY meets Bobcat Goldthwait's GOD BLESS AMERICA

It's Mike Leigh's NUTS IN MAY meets Bobcat Goldthwait's GOD BLESS AMERICA

• Oct 30, 2018

Did find this movie using boxxy software. Someone should have told you that you need a sense of humour to enjoy this film!

• Oct 18, 2018

romantic comedy about couple with a bit of mental issues. doesn't take itself too seriously but lacks on the comedy side.

• Oct 16, 2017

A fairly solid black comedy but other than the odd laugh out loud moment you do spend a lot of the duration thinking to yourself this really isn't quite funny enough. It probably would have worked a lot better as a repeated sketch or an hour long TV special than as a film, but then I guess as a film you're maybe given more licence to work with. I still find myself thinking Wheatley has never got anywhere near the levels he achieved with 'Kill List'.

• Jul 07, 2017

A 32 year old woman and her boyfriend are off to a caravan trip. Her mother hates it. They love it, and are looking forward to see more of UK. They crash around at various locations, eat, sleep and have fun. Well, they also kill people every now and then, so it's not a totally typical vacation. It's not especially funny, but it has some moments. OK characters and OK music, but this is not a very rewarding film. The ending is also pretty weak so there is not a finale here, that's worth waiting for. Low budget, dark humor and pretty easy, morbid humor. This was not my stuff, really. 4 out of 10 knitting sticks.

• Apr 09, 2017

This film was not ever funny. Mean-spirited, ugly (except for the lovely British background,) sad, dysfunctional, twisted . . . but I did not laugh once. Relentlessly unpleasant.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Apr 04, 2017

My Plex account listed this movie as being a "Drama Romance Crime Thriller Horror Comedy". We laughed, but that's actually pretty accurate.

• Apr 02, 2017

WHAT I LIKED: Writing a review for 'Sightseers' isn't a particularly easy thing to do, because all there really is to say is that it's completely bonkers. I could try and quantify its hilarity with words and dissect the reason its blend of satire and off-the-wall situational humour makes me laugh, but actually I'm not really sure why it does. In some ways the fact I find it so amusing confuses me because it really shouldn't, but then that's the beauty of comedy than Ben Wheatley seems to enjoy exploiting. I enjoy it too. WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It is the same sort of weird joke for quite a long time... VERDICT: I suspect Amy Jump would be very pleased about the fact I can't really quantify my thoughts, but the bottom line is that this film is very funny, and very weird. Go see it.

• Mar 29, 2017

Funny, horrifying, and beautifully acted. Heartily recommend if you like twisted characters doing horrible things. I love them, so it worked for me!