Song One Reviews

• Oct 08, 2018

Anne Hathaway gives a good performance in Song One but the whole movie feels artificial and not convincing. The Leads didn’t really have much of a chemistry and everything was so predictable. It’s a very short film that doesn’t overstay its welcome but there’s nothing here memorable that you have not already seen before.

• Sep 23, 2018

I have to wonder why we are sitting here watching this... I Only good thing I can see about it is I amam not the one who picked it.

• May 03, 2018

I cannot for the life of me understand the bad reviews. This movie is so well done. Poetic and beautiful. The music and performances are exceptional. It is so honest and tender. I have watched it several times and I find it satisfying every time. We all have our own tastes and opinions but to say the acting is bad in this movie is completely false. I appreciate this film and I am grateful they made it.

• May 03, 2018

Pleasantly surprised by how sweet this movie was. The music is amazing.

Pleasantly surprised by how sweet this movie was. The music is amazing.

• Apr 17, 2018

I actually had to double check if I was looking at the right movie when I looked at the reviews. I have no idea why Song One had such negative reviews from both the audiences and the critics. The film has an interesting story and the performances of the actors who are Anne Hathaway, Johnny Flynn and newcomer Ben Rosenfield are very powerful, it's captivating. The soundtracks are well-performed, too. But then again, people nowadays don't take movies seriously. People would rather watch unrealistic superhero movies that doesn't make sense rather than watching movies with interesting concept and a realistic plot.

• Mar 11, 2018

I really enjoyed the movie and the music. Story about two characters who during a difficult time were exactly what the other needed.

• Oct 09, 2017

A romantic drama about a woman whose brother is in a coma after a car runs him over in the street. She reads his journal, goes to all the places he hangs out and brings back pieces of his life in order to being him back to the world. One of those things includes his favorite indie musician. Sister and music man hook up, brother revives, music man departs. Pretty thin on story. No real emotional connection formed in the romance. Want to give it a passing score because I love Anne Hathaway, but I just can't.

• Jun 06, 2017

Good music but no point.

Good music but no point.

• May 16, 2017

I am not a schooled movie critic. That being said, often when watching movies at home, I am tempted to stop and read a bit about the movie, or what the plot means as it is happening, usually on Wikipedia.. This movie, it was really nice to just go along for the ride. I am actually still not finished, and have no illusions. It really feels about real people if that makes sense.

• Mar 09, 2017

I guess I was a little lost, and didn't understand why they couldn't be together. My score would have been a little higher, if it had a better ending