Starship Troopers 3: Marauder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Reviews

½ September 8, 2017
Starship Troopers is an amazing film, but one that, unfortunately, has never had a good sequel. Out of the bunch though, Marauder is by far the worst.
½ April 30, 2016
2016-04-29 hubby wanted to see it.
½ March 22, 2016
Worst movie I have ever seen!
½ January 26, 2016
I think I found this one more boring than 2 even though there is more depth to the story. Or not. No, it's definitely more dragged down. The 3rd story is weird and reminds me a lot of the game, Dead Space. It wasn't my cup of tea, but it may be for others.
January 9, 2016
Unfortunately, really dumb story, with a few modifications it could have been interesting, otherwise a waste of time.
½ December 6, 2015
No where as good as the first but it is still watchable full of some comedy and good blood efforts. What does let this film down is the CGI (it is terrible), the plot is crap and so predictable. The 3rd and finale film in the Starship Trooper series is by far the worst of the 3. The second film was better then this and that's saying something.
½ May 16, 2015
Never want to see again.
½ April 13, 2015
Writer/director Ed Neumeir adds some interesting twists to the bug war with introduction of religion into the mix. The idea of the leader of the Federation finding God in the brain bug is a great idea. The final scene where Patterson and Blalock are praying the Lord's Prayer I thought was a bit much, but its in keeping with the goofy satirical tone of the film. The new breaks, as they are the Robocop movies, are used to some hilarious effect and at that same time making pointed social commentary. The gratuitous co-ed shower scene here is topped (well, maybe not as Dina Meyer is not here) by a nude syncing with Marauder battle suits. We sure didn't have this in 3D Avatar.The story has a little more complexity then the last film and hold greater relevance to the bug war, so I would edge this one over the last sequel. Blalock is great in the movie, its a shame her star hasn't risen further after Star Trek Enterprise.
½ April 5, 2015
Makes me wonder why people are making sequels like this. Running out of stories. Crap.
½ March 30, 2015
Straight-faced camp is almost passable.
March 7, 2015
Johnny is back! Interesting themes.
February 24, 2015
He thinks God's a bug?

A federal starship crashes on a bug infested planet. A nearby federation ship carrying legendary officer Johnny Rico is sent in to rescue anyone who survived the crash. As they round up the survivors, they discover the crashed ship may have had a secret mission. Can Rico and friends help them achieve their goal while also getting them out of there alive?

"You got something to learn me?"

Edward Neumeier delivers Starship Troopers 3: Marauder in his directorial debut (and only film on his resume currently). The storyline for this picture is interesting and not a complete waste of time like the previous sequel. The action scenes and special effects were on par with the first film but the plot was a slight step down. The acting was appropriate for the genre and includes Casper Van Dien, Jolien Blalock, Boris Kodjoe, Amanda Donohoe, and Marnette Patterson.

"Would you like to know more?"

I came across these on Netflix and always adored the first Starship Troopers picture so I decided to give the sequels a shot finally. Well, these definitely are not good, but this is the best sequel I have seen in the series yet. The story is interesting and fun to watch unfold and the action scenes were pretty good. Overall, this is worth watching if you're a fan of the science fiction genre but I wouldn't go to out of my way to see this.

"Are we losing this war? Don't bet on it, citizen."

Grade: C-
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
I haven't been a real fan of the 2 first movies. The first one are tho alot better than the 2nd and now this 3rd one which turned out as espected. Bad effects and lousy script / acting. Casper Van Dien is back from the first flick and well not quite a fav actor to me. I wanted to see this movie anyway to have seen them all and hopefully they don't make more flicks..
December 28, 2014
I liked it and it was awsome
November 30, 2014
A fun-filled and action-packed military satire, with the same tongue in cheek wit humour that Verhoeven utilized in he first film so effectively
½ November 12, 2014
Tops the second film by bringing back the satire and of course, the bugs, but the low budget shoots it down a bit. 46/100
½ November 5, 2014
Okay effects and a more obvious humorous commentary on religion and patriotism. It's nowhere near as high budget as the first movie, but dose what it can with what it has. 5.4/10
½ October 15, 2014
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder is a return to the B-movie camp of the original, but the talent's not there to pull it off. The Bug War continues as Col. Johnny Rico is charged with a top secret mission to save a stranded crew that's stuck on a bug world. Casper Van Dien returns and is joined by Jolene Blalock, but their performances are uneven and aren't able to pull off the same cheesiness that made the original so fun. Additionally, the special effects are atrociously bad and drag the whole film down. While nothing is done particularly well in Starship Troopers 3: Marauder, it's still able to provide some interesting satire that's mildly entertaining at times.
July 21, 2014
The Satire is a little over the top, the acting has a few bugs, but the main problem is the budget. Even so, Starship Troopers 3: Marauder is a fun and somewhat funny movie. It would be great if the second film's budget could have been given to this instead.
July 19, 2014
Better than the second movie but not quite as great as the first of course.