Super Dark Times - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Dark Times Reviews

December 10, 2017
11/20/2017
I always hate it when I get emotionally invested in a movie and the characters and it falls flat with frayed, unsatisfying ends.
½ December 10, 2017
Quite good drama with great potential and a very dark message. The film shows how deep can darkness sit in us and how dangerous is the period of puberty. Fine acting and great soundtrack.
½ December 7, 2017
3.3/5

Super Dark Times doesnt fail as much by being interesting and truly terrfying when it needs to be, but it does fail when it comes to not only pretending to be set in the 90s for no other reason than poorly justified nostalgia, as well as failing in delivering the character exploration it seems to promise at the beggining.
November 22, 2017
a must watch ?????????
½ November 20, 2017
3.75 it was a perfect movie, with a very interesting premise, until the the final scene. The director/writer left too much to be desired.
November 19, 2017
Brilliant, fantastic, intense and atmosphere rich. Super Dark Times delivers a mix of tension, coming of age drama and serious/deep situations that will make you fall in love with this flick.
½ November 2, 2017
Doesn't get into the phsychology behind its most extreme motivations nearly as much as I'd prefer, but well crafted nevertheless.
October 28, 2017
It's not as good as these scores reflect, but definitely worth watching...indie teen thriller with an edge.
October 26, 2017
great movie. From the look to the performances it captured the time and feel of being a teenager.
October 23, 2017
A twelve year old must have written this.
½ October 20, 2017
Nice little indie .....kind of Rivers Edge meets Mean Creek and just as compelling.
October 20, 2017
One of the worst films I've ever seen. Almost nothing happened and when it did it was ridiculous. I'm sat watching it now and there's still a painful 30 minutes to go.
October 13, 2017
A tad of nostalgia pandering aside, this is just simply good film and refreshing. Well acted by plenty of young talent.
October 6, 2017
Awesome movie, life-changing even! One of the best new movies I've seen in a while. Not to sound cliched, but this movie literally had me laughing out loud, it moved me to tears, it made me cover my face in anxious fear, and it made me gasp in pain out loud in the theater. Not to overplay this film, but if given the chance, I think this movie would thoroughly thrill a wide audience. Every aspect of the film was done expertly. The acting, music, cinematography, and story telling were all wholly enjoyable. I would definitely recommend watching this movie.
October 5, 2017
Damn good movie, one of the more terrifying films of the year.
½ October 4, 2017
Good simple storyline, bad director.. too many useless meaningless shots and some logic thrown out the window. Good acting.
½ October 4, 2017
The film is feeling around in the dark some of the time but all is redeemed by the satisfying revelation found between Zach and Josh's friendship. The haunting and honest nightmare is injected with life through a great performance by Charlie Tahan (and great casting). The first third of the film had sprinkles of jokes and laughter that the musical score seemed to disagree with and worked against. The Donnie Darko inspired elements were cool, although felt unserving and open ended at the time, however in hindsight may have been necessary in order for the plot to simmer before boiling over the edge in a fantastic series of final scenes. With violent outbursts/killings/shootings a burning issue in todays USA, the unearthing or spawning of Josh's dark side provides the real meat of the story as we always wonder how it gets to that point.
½ October 3, 2017
'Super Dark Times' will sneak up on you and that's a good thing. Completely under the radar this is one you're going to have to go seek out. It's a unique coming of age movie that goes in an interesting direction. I admire the direction but didn't agree with it. Keeping this spoiler free is kind of tough but for a cinephile it's worth seeing. Final Score: 7.0/10
October 1, 2017
Perfect. Absolutely, perfect. Strong directing, great acting, smooth writing, stunning location, daring subject. The 90's ruled!
August 24, 2017
An interesting look at what guilt can do to a person.