Super Troopers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Troopers Reviews

July 24, 2016
Not a particularly incredibly made picture but its juvenile humor satisfied my appetite for laughter. One of my favorite buddy hangout comedies to thrown on during a party next to Happy Gilmore and Grandma's Boy.
½ April 16, 2016
i laughed a couple times; but i don't care to see it again.
April 5, 2016
It's a shame Broken Lizard's first big movie was their best but you really have nowhere to go but down when you start with this classic. Still just as hilarious today as it was after college. Lines aplenty.
April 3, 2016
I want a litre of Cola!
½ April 1, 2016
Stoners really enjoy this one.
March 23, 2016
Movie never gets old.
½ March 12, 2016
I just didn't get it.
February 6, 2016
100% Fun And Absolutely Hilarious. Don't Hesitate Go for it. No Wonder Why This Movie Got A Great Cult Following. Awesome Movie.
December 19, 2015
The first 5-10 min. is the best opening to any comedy ever.
½ September 24, 2015
When does it get funny? I think people are pressured into finding it funny. I was pressured still didn't find it funny.
½ August 28, 2015
"Super Troopers" is essentially an endless barrage of hit-or-miss gags, strung together with scotch tape plotting and an aimless structure. In hindsight, I probably would have found this funnier had I been on the drugs that inspired much of the comedy littered throughout the movie. But, alas, I wasn't.
½ August 26, 2015
The humor is very hit and miss, although i did find myself amused here and there.
August 9, 2015
This movie was the absolute BEST comedy of the year for me. It rocks! I can't even begin to understand how those critics gave this one a lousy 35%! Are they insane?! This movie is utterly funny in every way: 100%! Watch it!
½ July 28, 2015
Gotta say, I'm surprised with the negative reviews. I find that if the RT rating is ever really off, it's either because it's a television show with a weak beginning, or a movie with a weak ending. The movie does kind of teeter off in terms of hilarity and quality, but I don't think the critics RT chose for this one don't give the rest of the movie enough credit. It just becomes obvious that critics are often only half paying attention, and just write their review based on their feelings immediately after the movie, or that they often doin't even watch the whole season of the show they are reviewing, which in my mind means they shouldn't be reviewing the show at all.
July 4, 2015
What a ridiculous yet hilarious movie. I'd have to say Farva is my favourite character, he's so funny. I love Brian Cox in it too, he's one of my favourite actors. Looking forward to the sequel. Definitely watch with your buddies if you're feeling goofy and loud. Because this movie is that: goofy and loud. And hilarious. Great comedy.
½ June 30, 2015
Super Troopers, created and starring the Broken Lizard comedy troupe, is a film that has gained cult status, mainly from its scenes filled with catchphrases ("meow", "ramrod", "mother of god"), but is really nothing special, no new ground has been broken.
5 irresponsible prankster highway patrol officers in Vermont duel with the local city police to see who solves a marijuana smuggling case first to avoid the highway patrol office being shut down by the governor.
Super Troopers builds itself up way more than it is in reality. There's good fun in it, I especially grew fond of the idiotic drunken loudmouth Officer Rod Farva but the rest are pretty bland. There's some instances where the plot barely moves along and the highway games the officers play on unaware travelers get old. The characters aren't so much unlikable, just so bland you can't know them as a whole, I think this could best be demonstrated in Anchorman where the characters leave a lasting impact still with humor that lasts. Super Troopers demonstrates some fun but can grow idiotic and childish in some portions.
June 26, 2015
I've lost track of how many times I've seen this, probably at least 10. It Just doesn't get old for me, it's hilarious. So many quotable lines. Brian Cox is awesome. Cool soundtrack. One of my fave comedies of all-time!
½ June 24, 2015
I didn't think this was very funny back when it came out in 2002. After watching it over a decade later, my opinion hasn't changed. I think this movie has a few somewhat funny scenes, but as a whole isn't very good. I usually like crude and immature films, but this one just doesn't do much for me. If you like it, great. I personally don't understand why so many people love this movie.
½ June 21, 2015
It's an unlikely cult comedy with outrageous gags & humor at the expense of law enforcement. Super Troopers displays Broken Lizard at its peak with a colorful cast of characters and laughable moments. 4.5/5
June 21, 2015
It blows my mind that the critics rated this at 35%. I'm sorry but this is one of the most funny movies at all time. If you don't laugh yourself to tears at this movie there's something wrong with you.