Talk to Her - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Talk to Her Reviews

December 28, 2017
Almodovar at the top of his game. Shock value and genuine emotional depth. Breathtaking film making.
½ December 25, 2017
M-F

8.2

[Pedro Almodóvar]
½ October 5, 2017
With excellent performances, highly confident direction from Almodovar and a one of a kind script, Talk to Her truly is a terrific film which is thought-provoking thematically, highly affecting emotionally and all around such an original, complex film. It is not perfect (the silent movie scene was honestly too bizarre for me), but its editing is very good, the flashback structure is deftly employed and the music is simply beautiful and it moved me quite a bit. Emotionally and morally rich and complex, Talk to Her is an incredible cinematic experience.
September 21, 2017
Say what you want about European cinema. It certainly explores topics off the 'mainstream' mantra of Hollywood films.
Talk To Her is a Spanish film from director and writer Pedro Almodóvar from 2002.
Now Almodóvar is well known for making intelligent films that have mainly female leads. Indeed I remember watching Volver that is such an example.
Talk To Her is different in that it has a male storyline.
The two main characters are male Marco and Benigno.
Both have 'relationships' with women in different ways that end up in vegetative state comas.
Benigno is a male nurse who gives near 24 hour care to his comatose patient Alicia. In scenes that are disturbing to describe his talking to her takes a more sinister path.
Marco is a writer who finds communicating with his comatose partner more difficult.
Marco and Benigno actually develop a non-sexual friendship that is perhaps Benigno's only friendship towards the end of the film.
A film that has an effect on the audiences emotion beyond the CGI/special effects laden mainstream.
August 5, 2017
It is easy to read this as an insensitive melodrama that uses the suffering of two women to tell a story about the friendship that grows between two men, but the film is actually so much more than that, full of nuances and taking us in many unpredictable directions.
August 3, 2017
Espectacular de principio a fin.
½ July 21, 2017
Fantastic film of world cinema! A very deep and profound film. It kept me on my toes and had me up in suspense the whole way through. The lessons of loneliness, unrequited love, and communication were very deep and opened the film up for a rewatch.
July 20, 2017
To really feel for all of these unique characters is a testament to how well done this movie is.
½ July 10, 2017
Though the cinematography of Almodovar is considered striking, I feel that the subject is too bleak wrapped up in the genre of romance.
June 21, 2017
If Talk to Her isn't Pedro Almodovar's best movie in his whole career, then it certainly is somewhere on that list.
April 13, 2017
This is my absolute favourite movie. The Spanish guitar scene will have you in tears. Very romantic, very sad and beautiful.
March 12, 2017
The film goes from one relationship to the next. There is a progression that feels like destiny, or the inescapable rather. The actors are excellent, conveying all feelings very accurately. The women are incredibly beautiful, as usual with Aldomovar. This is a somewhat dramatic story but I found it equally hilarious many times. It is a tragi-comedy with a beautifully curved body. Impeccable work.
March 12, 2017
½ January 31, 2017
Benigno's storyline is so intriguing. Almodóvar's best piece about bromance.
½ December 23, 2016
quite a strange film. It wasn't the most exciting, I had to see it in two sittings but it was very nicely put together with some excellent music. The contrast between the serene atmosphere and the twisted story is like listening to a smiths song, girlfriend in a coma probably best fits.
½ August 8, 2016
Another great Almodovar film which smartly blends comedy and drama as smoothly as filmmaking can allow.
½ June 26, 2016
Boasting Pedro Almodóvar's signature compassionate touch on awkward relationships and tragedies, Talk to Her is yet another moving and thought-provoking achievement on the writter-director brilliant filmography.
June 25, 2016
Talk to Her is an offbeat, romantic offering that is often unsettling and a bit creepy as well. Almodóvar integrates the absurd with the usual and somehow tells a very human story that is quite captivating.
½ April 27, 2016
Almodovar at his best, and this means that, visually, thie film is a beauty: the style is unmistakable, the colors, the light, everything tells "Almodovar".
The story anticipates Volver, the theme of returning from death seems to be very appealing to Almodovar. And this is really Spanish, the relationship with death is quite peculiar to them.
The plot is not linear, so it is better to keep the attention on every detail. The reward is great.