The Croods Reviews

• Apr 30, 2021

With a great cast, great animation, and clever jokes, the movie really has a lot of charm and entertainment to offer.

• Apr 17, 2021

I was hoping this would be a little better than the ratings on RT, but it wasn't. In one of the rarer cases, the sequel was clearly better. Still, there were some nice bits here & there. But this one does have the gorgeous, vibrant visuals that I liked so much in the sequel, which I saw first. 2.4 stars

• Apr 02, 2021

This review contains spoilers. Two days ago, on the occasion of the Easter holidays, I decided to watch an animated film a day. The first was The Croods, one of the few from Dreamworks that I had yet to see because I honestly had no interest in watching it. But after seeing it I can say that I liked it. It is by no means a masterpiece, but I liked some ideas from this film. Applying the concept of living life to cavemen is simply brilliant. Now, the idea is one thing and the story is another. In fact, it has some plot holes which, however, do not bother for a simple reason: they are used to fill it with a comic part. They knew they were going to leave something open, but they didn't care, because otherwise the joke wouldn't work well. The rest good jokes. The animations, of course I would add, are very beautiful and the characters, despite the main ones being the father, the daughter and the boy, are well characterized. The story, all in all, is not the best of originality, but you can still immerse yourself in it. The tiger that keeps following the Croods is simply WTF. This film, in general, has no great pretensions: its only goal is to make you spend an hour and a half, having fun. And this it does. With a strong idea behind it, good animation mixed with good jokes, they make The Croods a good movie to watch.

• Mar 22, 2021

The movie starts getting good at 0:27. It's funny and adventurous although Croods 2 is much better. The ending is especially good. <3

• Mar 14, 2021

I only seen this movie once, Idk if I would watch it again I might reccomend it to others. I went with 2 stars for this movie just your basic kids/family movie from Pixar, kinda slow and kinda boring with some small talk throughout. Nothing really bad to say about it, nothing good to say about it really. It was very colorfull and it was a cute story but at the times the charaters get silly maybe geared more to kids so I get it. The tiny red sloth named Belt was the best character in the movie I just that was one of the only reasons really to watch this in whole I guess. Show this movie to your kids they will love it, you as a adult may bore some but it's a cute cartoon for all 2 1/2 stars.

• Peter M
    Mar 01, 2021

None of the magic of the original.

None of the magic of the original.

• Feb 15, 2021

Hilarious, family oriented

Hilarious, family oriented

• Feb 11, 2021

It was recommended to me by a friend and said it's a caveman's story and I thought well what could be possibly so interesting but when I saw the poster with the kid sticking its finger up its nose and the granny looking so crazy like, I gave it a try. It was humourous with a touch of wild imagination like how a selfie was introduced and sunglasses came into vogue, Granny's enthusiasm and many more things made it worth watching movie that you can enjoy with your family.

• Feb 11, 2021

The Croods is animated fun that will have the whole family laughing. Clever writing, intriguing characters and a gorgeous backdrop rival Disney. The Stone Age puts recent Ice Ages to shame.

• Jan 26, 2021

The movie is very intelligently done, full of scientific guesses, as well as real life family relations, that are hidden in the modern age.