The Conjuring Reviews

• 3d ago

Loved the storyline of this movie and the warrens are compelling characters. The plot kept me involved and the lack of unnecessary nudity and profanity that stuffs other horror flicks is well appreciated in this film.

• 6d ago

I'm not one to be scared by movies. And I don't believe for a second that anything in this movie was actually real. But this is a creepy ass movie. The suspense builds perfectly in some scenes that just make your skin crawl and give you goosebumps. Like I said, my ceiling for scary movies is usually pretty low. But the first half of this one is mostly well done. It loses a point because it started to lose steam for me in the second half. And the ending was kinda ridiculous to me. But I guess the whole thing is ridiculous. It's okay for a horror movie.

• Nov 13, 2020

Pretty good it's wildly creepy or wildly scary but it's creepy and scary enough for me at least it had some shockers that's for sure it is also very remembering because of how well done it was and I think in about 50 years people will see it as a classic from the 2010s.

• Nov 04, 2020

A Gripping, Tense and Overall Masterful Genre Revival

A Gripping, Tense and Overall Masterful Genre Revival

• DONOVAN H
    Nov 03, 2020

This movie was crazy!

This movie was crazy!

• Oct 31, 2020

Dog dies so its not worth it.

Dog dies so its not worth it.

• Oct 31, 2020

This was the scariest movie ever. Was just as good on the rewatch we had last night!

• Cindy L
    Oct 31, 2020

It was on the edge of your seat movie. Perfect for the week of Halloween viewing.

• Oct 30, 2020

This is the best horror movie ever. Writing is excellent, performances are great and the cinematography is amazing. The scares in tjis movie chilled me to the bone. The movie is amazing and is an apsolute must see!

• Oct 29, 2020

"The Conjuring" is really overrated. Grading it as a horror — I would say it's good, but if I was to grade it as a movie, as I am doing right now — it's really boring, long and cliché. In fact, the entire movie is full of logical plot holes and cringe, such as "based on true events" which is obviously not true, as this is just a move to sell a good story, especially on paranormal activity topic. Any good parents, if the house was actually haunted would have moved out of there immediately, and both families portrayed in this movie — don't, because they are utterly primitive and dumb. The entire exorcism topic just outlived itself already, at the point of this movie being made. The jumpscares are not scary at all, as you clearly know when they are coming. As well as no one in the movie dies, which is boring, as you don't get to laugh at a stupid death, nor do you get to be scared of it. The movie is very predictable, as well as all the upcoming movies in "The Conjuring" universe. The effects and the operator's job are boring and don't make you believe in what's happening even for a brief moment, as of how comedic it looks like. The "hanging" part of the story is also stupid, as well as the question as to "why did no one investigate this place before?" or "why did no one ask help before?" and much more. There is so many questions such as these, that this movie just becomes cringe and boring to watch. So far, not a single movie till this day could beat "Babadook" by how scary it was. This movie is a good attempt, but the "based on true events" and the decisions of characters just dug this movie it's own grave! Boring and unentertaining, I don't recommend it, 3/10