The Gambler Reviews

• Aug 02, 2019

Mark Wahlberg made his bet and lost.

Mark Wahlberg made his bet and lost.

• Jul 17, 2019

this movie thinks it is far smarter than it really is. Usually, I'm a huge fan of movies with intelligent dialogue, but 90% of it felt unnecessary. The story is also terribly boring.

• Apr 14, 2019

- The supporting actress was really not needed in the story. - No clear reason why he suddenly decided to clean himself.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jan 20, 2019

Marky Mark try'na sell a watch to a stereotype made me kinda shame-laugh, and the last act was an improvement on the first two, but The Gambler is not something I would recommend to, realistically, anyone at all.

• Jan 19, 2019

Esta buena,es entretenida 7/10

Esta buena,es entretenida 7/10

• Dec 19, 2018

Good film but not Mark Wahlbergs best

Good film but not Mark Wahlbergs best

• Dec 05, 2018

The Gambler has good performances all around that entertain you during a movie that has a familiar plot.

• Nov 13, 2018

Although this thriller is more conceived as a character study than it's interested in suspense, and it has a good cast and is professionally directed, the gambler himself is a most disagreeable narcissist for whom hardly anyone can root for.

• Oct 28, 2018

10.28.18: Ok at best. Could’ve been better though. Wouldn’t watch again.

10.28.18: Ok at best. Could’ve been better though. Wouldn’t watch again.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Oct 22, 2018

Wahlberg delivers one of the finest performances in recent times. The biggest problem is the film built around him sadly can't serve the story and it's this mix up that robs the film of being something grand and original. Wyatt has a consistent vision but he tends to lose the whole focus towards the end and we are essentially robbed of a film with a core purpose. I liked the film and the tone but it struggles to overcome a lucklustre love connection, which becomes one of the key parts of the story at some point. The support cast has depth and shine when provided the chance, Goodman shares one of the best scenes in the later part of the story. This is a good film but not great, the performances surrounding it are worth the ticket but the overall story is lacking where it needed to shine. 19/10/2018.