The Lone Ranger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lone Ranger Reviews

May 4, 2017
I didn't grow up with The Lone Ranger series, so this movie served as my introduction to the character. Despite the negativity from purists and critics I really enjoyed it. Perhaps Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto was a bit overdone and the movie started off slow, but it ended up being pretty awesome. The action-packed train scene finale was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a Western. I had a great time with it! (First and only viewing - 1/19/2014)
April 23, 2017
Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer make The Lone Ranger fun and entertaining in spite of its stereotyped characters, confused plot, and overlong running time.
½ April 18, 2017
Couldn't even finish it, it was THAT bad.
April 16, 2017
Good film lots of humor but they made it to long
April 15, 2017
It couldn't even keep my attention. And for god's sake, cast a Native American as Tonto.
April 2, 2017
This utterly misguided Western is pretty much devoid of any positives so they will be dealt with first. The cast (apart from Johnny Depp) are decent, the locations are solid and a couple of action scenes (though somewhat idiotic) are ok at best. The rest of the film is stupidly and needlessly long, Depp as a casting choice for Tonto was a huge mistake, the script is bland, the plot is predictable, the humour is childish, it is tonally all over the place, though the action is ok at times a lot of it is either nonsensical or improbable and it just generally feels like a Western version of Pirates of the Caribbean. I am glad that this film bombed at the box office because it now means we don't have to suffer anymore of this via a sequel which is what was clearly being set up with this film.
½ March 31, 2017
The acting is good and the action is really fun. And I liked the movie... and now I hate myself. This isn't Kingslglaive. This isn't a movie I'll defend in any way. It wasn't good. But it sure as hell was fun (in my opinion). It has no rewatch value. I probably won't even think about rewatching it for the next half an year. But I enjoyed it.
½ March 26, 2017
The Lone Ranger takes its source material in a dark and twisted new ways but falls flat due to bloated, convoluted script writing.
Grade: C-
March 6, 2017
way better then I thought
February 6, 2017
Not bad, although I seem to be in a minority on this. Perhaps it's because I used to avidly watch the Lone Ranger programmes when I was young. I though it was hilarious; I didn't enjoy the inordinately long action sequences which added nothing to the story. I agree with many reviewers who have written that it's too long by about an hour. Nonetheless it's a lot of fun and it plays well on the 'Western' tropes.The final action sequence with two trains is wacky in the extreme but fun. If only it were shorter!
½ January 26, 2017
Otra película producida por Jerry Bruckheimer y dirigida por Gore Verbinski, el mismo equpo que nos trajo toda la saga de 'Piratas del Caribe', que esta vez nos traen 'El Llanero Solitario', la historia de un Ranger de Texas,, John Reid (Armie Hammer) que tendrá que usar una máscara y trabajar junto a un indio comanche llamado Toro (Johnny Depp), quien tiene su mente un poco confundida por acontecimientos del pasado. Precisamente, la historia es contada por Toro, a un pequeño niño en una feria, cuando los años ya han pasaod y la fama de las aventuras del Llanero Solitario ha crecido. Toro decidirá contarle al niño como empezó todo. Me gustó sobre todo la divertida caracterización de Toro a cargo de Johnny Depp, que siempre es interesante ver que puede hacer con un personaje nuevo. //Another movie produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Gore Verbinski, same team that worked together in "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, this time the 'Lone Ranger' bring us the story of a Texas Ranger, John Reid (Armie Hammer) that will have to use a mask and work together with an indian, a comanche named Tonto (Johnny Depp) who's mind is a little mixed-up. The story is told by Tonto to a little kid who has heard the adventures of the Lone Ranger, and he decides to tell him how all have started. I found it funny, especially Depp's acting is always something that one can enjoy..
½ January 25, 2017
Drop 30 minutes in the edit, including the entire flashback setup and you might have had a rip roaring yarn with a few less yawns in it.
½ January 21, 2017
I just sow a kind of Jack Sparrow dress as an Indian. I had better expectations. Shame ......
January 20, 2017
loved this movie -- Johnny Depp's Tonto is a great character. Butch Cavendish is a despicable villan. The love triangle is meh, but the rest of the movie is awesome. The story from the point of view of an aged Tonto is reminiscent of Little Big Man.
January 14, 2017
Great movie, I definitely recommend.
January 4, 2017
I loved this movie. It was funny, interesting and had some action. It's one of my favorite movies.
January 2, 2017
Y que es esto? Acá todo es exagerado llegando a lo absurdo!
½ December 29, 2016
enjoyed it more than i thought i would. genuinely funny moments mostly thanks to johnny depp being cast as the native american. the horse had more of a central role than the ranger!
December 25, 2016
So good Depp is Comanche now...
½ December 13, 2016
Funny reboot with Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer. Hi ho silver away! Railroads built with wooden bridges / vuaducts. Needs to be brick like the Victorians built them in Britain.