Trespass - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trespass Reviews

½ November 9, 2016
Don't know why this was put into the rubbish bin by people. Sure, it is no masterpiece, and nothing original, but movies are supposed to entertain and it does exactly that.
I watched this with my missus when our first choice of a film did not work. but glad to see it instead.
Almost all takes place in one location, but delivers.
Do not get dishearted by the low ratings and give a chance when in mood. you won't be disappointed.
October 26, 2016
Unequivocally the worst film in cinematic history. Strident, annoying and with no redeeming features. Torture to watch. I couldn't get through it.
½ September 18, 2016
Face/Off bought Nic Cage a near limitless supply of good credit with yours truly. The same way Taxi Driver and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest did for Robert De Niro and Jack Nicholson respectively.

Problem is, Cage seldom finds a project to put his name to worthy of his manic, psychotic tinged charisma. Trespass, while being marginally above its bottom of the barrel reputation, winds up getting too busy for it's own good and ultimately results in a flat and unfulfilling conclusion.

To sum Trespass up in one word; dysfunction. Good guys, bad guys. Doesn't matter. There's not a healthy relationship to be found anywhere in this film and with the ending we get, only the most hardened Nicolas Cage supporter (or rather, apologist by this point) should set aside 90 minutes for this one.
September 5, 2016
It's so incredibly generic, but it's really not that bad.
September 2, 2016
After 40 minutes of ARRGGGHH, SMACKKK, URRGGHH, I remembered why I stay away from any film featuring Nicholas Cafe
July 30, 2016
Cage movies must be assessed from the perspective of a true Cage fan, with few exceptions. But even Trespass counts, for me, as a good movie regardless. It is a bonus that it features several quintessential Cage-isms: a hot wife and daughter, an illegal business that he is able to conceal, captors who enter his home under a pretense not revealed until the end of the movie, an outrageously complicated plot, the complete destruction of a set (?) home made mostly of glass and an Academy-award winning scene in which Cage nearly dies on his own lawn. Truly a tour-de-force for Cage, this movie features his being tied up for most of the time, which makes it even harder to believe that he truly steals the show. Rife with Cage screaming, messing up his hair and looking desperately at Kidman, his wife, who could literally have been played by a cardboard cutout considering the outperformance of Cage, this has all the trappings of a Cage masterpiece. If you've seen Place Beyond the Pines, the kidnapper is that weird guy named Robin. He's ok, but he's no Cage. God bless you, Nicolas Coppola
½ June 9, 2016
Terrible waste of time.
I kept waiting for the big "twist" to show up but it never came. If you are thinking to watch it on Netflix just choose anything else.
June 1, 2016
This plot has been done several times before - Schumacher's approach is to enlist some stars with poor agents (Kidman's botox is one more reason this is a painful watch) and to throw in as many "twists" as humanly possible - and then some more. Expensive tat.
½ February 27, 2016
Can I give it zero stars? What a terrible movie. So bad you were hoping the "good guys" would be killed so the show would end.
jamrcla
February 21, 2016
I liked this film so much more than I should of, Ok the plot has been done so many times and the acting wasn't great but the twists in this film make it worth the watch, Very underrated.
½ February 2, 2016
Kidman and Liberato are great in their roles, but Cage is offensively bad, especially in the film's opening scene. Awkward pacing and clichéd, predictable writing really don't help sell Trespass as anything more than standard, brainless hold-the-rich-people-hostage-to-rob-them fare--and its sudden, bland ending is the rotten cherry on top.
January 31, 2016
Joel Schumacher is the epitome of a Jekyll and Hyde director. For every Lost Boys there is a Batman Forever. Great movies like 8mm and a Time to Kill and horrible steaming garbage like the Number 23 and Batman and Robin. This movie is rotten. Nic Cage and Nic Kidman should be better than this.
January 30, 2016
"I'm worth more dead then I am alive." ~ Cage
½ January 11, 2016
This movie was so convenient.
November 23, 2015
la película puede tener actores y director de primer nivel pero si no se sabe trabajar no se puede sacar provecho, tiene una historia mil veces vista que ni sus actores ni director puede salvar
½ August 30, 2015
Trespass is a truely boring "thriller" where a bunch of unlikeable characters shout at one another and get the hell kicked out of themselves. Even Nicholas Cage's performance was awful.
½ July 7, 2015
It's awful but nick cage is still awesome and it's wildly entertaining
May 25, 2015
I watched 44 minutes of it it started out entertaining ,but it got to over the top the acting ranged from good to awful.The characters were poorly written and stupid.I tried to get through it but it's just not good.
½ May 6, 2015
Whenever watching a Nicholas Cage movie, I don't know what to expect. It good be great or it could be complete and utter bull. I'm very mixed on this movie. Before I start off this review, let me tell you that I enjoy home invasion movies. This movie is...ok. I thought the first act was slow because it was setting everything up but when the burglars come in, it's get exciting. The problem is, these burglars don't know what they are doing. I also thought the whole daughter things was stupid and should've cut out. I think the acting is ok, some scenes are over dramatic. The ending for this movie is bull. I hated it. This is a below average home invasion movie. I will give it a very low rental just because I thought some scenes were exciting but in the end, there's no real payoff.

Trespass: 2.5/5 stars