Yves Saint Laurent Reviews

• Dec 27, 2019

Une incursion somme toute courte dans l'intimité du designer mais néanmoins une belle perspective de son caractère.

• Jun 17, 2019

Tasteful and accomplished attempt to portrait the great fashion designer in all his complexity is mostly successful, thanks also to Pierre Ninney's excellent performance and a good supporting cast.

• Jul 01, 2017

Occasionally sweet, but mostly tasteless.

Occasionally sweet, but mostly tasteless.

• Feb 07, 2017

Includes a balanced mix of the icon's fashion history, debauchery and sexual tension.

• Oct 16, 2015

I was really looking foward to watching this film (rented through Amazon's Lovefilm Scheme) The two principal actors give great performances. The film looks gorgeous in terms of location and the clothes etc... The only drawback, practically non-existant English subtitles. A great shame because I enjoyed the film, despite its 101 minute duration. Only recommended if your french speaking abilities, aren't too rusty. I did struggle with this. 3.5 stars, would've been a clean 4 with better subtitles.

• Sep 14, 2015

It kind of assumed that you knew general biographical information about Yves Saint Larent and glossed over some details that might have helped the movie be stronger. For what it was, it was good, but it could have been better.

• Jul 27, 2015

La vida del famoso diseñador Yves Saint Laurent se recrea aquí con una gran factura, muy buenas actuaciones, una envolvente banda sonora y un vistazo a sus diseños más icónicos. Pero en términos generales, esta pieza biográfica está llena de clichés y decide abordar aspectos poco significativos de la vida de Saint Laurent: sí, sabemos que era gay y adicto a varias sustancias, pero ¿dónde está su arte?. Una biografía sobre un artista que no repare sobre el proceso creador como eje central de la película, casi siempre termina en decepción.

• Jun 30, 2015

• May 27, 2015

I anticipated seeing the movie YvesSaitLaurent but sadly it came up for too short. I cannot believe that Yves himself would have been disappointed. So little emphasis on his creative process and so much more attention to life long struggle with addiction. Unless your looking to leave the theater feeling down you might want to add this to y9ur pass list. The main impression I was left with is that Yve could never have become his own brand without the help of so many people who picked up his slack in between halucination and drug downtime. I was greatly disappointed in the direction this film took and it fell so short of good. The acting was very good but through no fault of theirs its a bust!

• May 14, 2015

I didn't go far enough. felt like a cover up. still enjoyed it.

I didn't go far enough. felt like a cover up. still enjoyed it.