Black Lightning: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 09, 2019

cant believe a series like this exists in this day and age.. worst super hero series i have ever watched.superman wearing glasses to cover his identity was acceptable those days but this series bluffs about he wearing a stupid looking eye patch and people dont recognise him and his daughters. The series has good story line but very poorly executed and sometimes i just switch to something different bcos cant stand how it is presented. it is my personal view i am sure others could differ. sorry did not mean to hurt any ones feelings about this. I really wish they do good black superhero series. Luke is good love it.

• Aug 03, 2019

It was ok at best. A bit too much SJW crap for it to be really entertaining.

It was ok at best. A bit too much SJW crap for it to be really entertaining.

• Jun 18, 2019

I made it through five episodes before deleting the season pass from my DVR. I thought that the lead actor was good but the rest were awful. The acting was so poor that I found myself wanting to fast-forward through most of the show. I was a fan of the 70s comic and this was a huge disappointment.

• May 19, 2019

Terrible writting and acting , storytelling is almost boring, some good cgi effects here and there,the show comstantly promotes in every way black people stereotype. 1 star just for the effort.

• May 12, 2019

This is way too woke, especially for me, the villain is a Donald Trump ripoff and the sisters are so unrelatable it almost made me quit watching.

• Mar 30, 2019

This fresh IP of a series feels like it is an over reaction of racism, and manipulating characters to do their ultimately intended purposes. It had an interesting point and scenes and emotional moments that where worth something. The directing style is too simple and it gets boring real fast. The acting was mostly off, and the only scenes when the acting was worth something it was repeated to a time when it became repetitive. The music was one of the best parts in the whole series, which was original and really well paced. The plot was too simple and event less at times and to complex at times which made it hard to understand and to keep up with it after the slow paced events. Overall it's an above average series at best, but maybe in the future without all the exaggeration and senseless plot and average acting it can be a lot better.

• Mar 21, 2019

Terrible. They simply destroyed the good comic that arise in 1977. This TV series is racist and seems be more focused in the political agenda of the writers than in the continuity of the story of the comics. They destroyed the main character and reinforced a lot of stereotypes of black people. The costumes are ridiculous, the parallel stories sound like a teenager soap opera and they reinforced all time the separation between black and white people!!! So sad!

• Mar 19, 2019

I'm here for Anissa sooo yeah...

I'm here for Anissa sooo yeah...

• Mar 11, 2019

Watched one episode and drifted off. Finding a lot of netflixes newer output..off putting!

• Jan 28, 2019

Talk about "don't judge a book by it's cover." This show is incredibly well done once you make yourself get past the title and posters. I was surprised to see the audience reviews so low. When there is a big gap in reviews like this I generally don't find myself on the side of the critics, but I am totally with them this time. A+ My only criticism has to do with the the primary villain, Tobais Whale. In a show that was otherwise surprisingly well acted, Whale was so cliche and the acting so cheesy that any scene with him in it was jarring. ...and the intro song. Although obviously on the nose intentionally, it is still lame.