The Last Ship: Season 2 Reviews

• Oct 19, 2019

easily the best season

easily the best season

• Oct 19, 2019

Season 2 is even better than the strong first season. Episode after episode, tension non-stop... Wow!

• Oct 12, 2019

Superb. the best tv series I've seen. Better than most great movies. Sincere congratulations to everyone who had a hand in making and presenting this series. If you never do anything else, you have done something very very special. You must be very proud. There are a few times when 'suspension of disbelief' is difficult due to silly mistakes in the script: - Just a few: 'Arab' terrorist escapees in Gitmo somehow have ALL their Arab gear ! (So laughable I nearly gave up right there...) Russian naval genius doesn't seem to understand basic obvious tactics. A ship runs out of water and seems to find it hard to obtain enough from seawater (I could do that in my kitchen - after 5 mins thought.) And sailors have been running illicit stills since they built the first boat. AND, You cannot tow and power a 10,000tonne Destroyer with a few parasails and some wind! etc. It's not THAT hard to produce an intelligent script and avoid such mistakes- just get an intelligent couple of people to review it BEFORE you spend all that money! All that said, Thanks for a truly great series. More, Please...

• Sep 24, 2016

Feels like I'm watching a recruitment film, low on plot, but plenty of flag waving.

• Sep 05, 2016

Love this show so much, story line, characters, villains, action, effects, naval battles, plot twists, etc

• Aug 31, 2016

Excellent show! I am not sure why critics don't like this show? This is what happens when you pair one of the best high octane action directors Michael Bay with good writers. Awesome story line and great action packed into each episode. I personally think it is one of the best action shows on cable television.

• Mar 15, 2016

A good follow-up to Season 1, and even slightly better than S1. Tighter plot and some good naval action too.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Oct 22, 2015

Exciting and action-packed, the second season of The Last Ship takes the series to the next level. After returning to port with the cure to the Red Flu the crew of the U.S.S. Nathan James finds the country torn apart by despots and demagogues, and must find a way to bring it back together. It's a daring direction to take the series in, and it allows the show to expand beyond the virus plot line. Also, the actors give some extraordinary performances. And, the battle sequences are incredibly intense and have an authentic feel to them. A riveting adventure, The Last Ship's second season continues to up the stakes and delivers non-stop thrills.

• Oct 06, 2015

I enjoyed this - looking forward to the next season.

I enjoyed this - looking forward to the next season.

• Sep 11, 2015

I watched the whole season 1 and 2 and love them both. This series is like no other show I've seen on TV. The story was well written, the cast fit into their roles quite smoothly and close to perfect. However I'd recommend that the Captain, TEX and XO take some kick boxing lessons during their Season break before they start filming for Season 3 to add more punch to the action scenes since we'd most likely see them on the front lines during missions. Wolf and Bivas did a great job adding to the ground close quarter combat scenes. But then again, Bivas died. And yeah so many heart breaking moments during the last few episodes of Season 2. But all in all it was perfectly put together. I almost cried while watching a couple of episodes. Maybe a few upgrades should be made to the USS Nathan James (Improved armaments/additional armaments, improved sonar/radar tech etc...) as any other US Naval ship would receive during dry dock period. And since the plot seems to be heading for global missions it wouldn't hurt to add a couple more ships to the Nathan James fleet. Like a Supply and Logistics ship, a WASP class ship and if possible an LCS combat ship. So far so good. To the writers keep up the good work. Just keep it real guys. You'd do a great job with the coming scripts. Looking forward to season 3! :D