Charly (A Heartbeat Away) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charly (A Heartbeat Away) Reviews

March 26, 2010
Offers brief emotional moments and is otherwise utter garbage. Where the film fails is basically if you aren't Mormon it's not going to make one lick of sense, not really. Or just come across as insane. When I watched it (and I AM Mormon)I thought it was insane and it really really pissed me off.

I wanted to punch the lead male protagonist...whoever (I could care less) in the face for as long and hard as I could. He is the most self righteous GIT I have ever seen as a character, not likable and just plain annoying.

Ever meet one of those LDS kids that's embarrassed about their religion and wondered why? Why they would participate in something they are embarrassed about? It's because of crap films like these, piss poor from beginning to end.

I just can't rip on the self righteous lead enough, I just... wanted to see his face get ripped off or see him get tortured just UGHUGHUGHUGH.

Please don't judge my religion based on this tripe piece of shit, we're not all stupid stuck up prudes who are close minded to everything and have grown up in a bubble. Thank you.
April 12, 2007
Love it! One of my all-time favs!! So sad!! Charly is the perfect love story!! I highly recommend this one!!
September 8, 2007
This show is great! It is hilarious and then very very sad. I just watched it today and vowed that I would not cry.......well so much for that. I sobbed. For anyone who liked a romance,comedy,cry movie this is the one!
July 30, 2007
A decent movie, but I didn't cry in it, and I guess that means I don't have a soul or something. A few really bad acting parts, and cheesy lines, but overall a good movie.
April 23, 2006
A bit sappy at times, and cinematically a bit amateur, but this is a timeless story of love and how true love transcends differences and life itself.
April 18, 2006
This movie was good. It was sad for him, though if she were a more innocent kind of a person, it would have been even more sad. Definitely.
March 11, 2006
ONE OF MY FAVORITES EVER!!!! This is the perfect movie for any occasion, i absoulutely LOVED it!! If u havent seen it WATCH IT whether ur mormon or not.
March 8, 2006
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! Tearjerker, funny, great music, on and on and on...... "Welcome to Sam, I'm Utah!!!"
November 1, 2004
PURE TRIPE. MORMON PROPOGANDA CRAP. ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. COMPLETELY UNCONVINCING. OH MY, YUK!!! :down: :eek:
September 21, 2004
[b]This is an INCREDIBLY well produced movie. It contains one of the best storylines of any movie I have seen in years. The acting is so well done that you will forget you are watching a movie and start feeling like an eavesdropper in the lives of this adorable couple. I am a man, and even though we're not suppose to cry at movies, this one makes me cry everytime I watch it. I have introduced it to my "tougher" friends and, even though they jeered at the characters misfortunes, they too were crying in the end. [/b]

[b]The story line comes full circle with every plight introduced and closes in a way that will leave you with an increased appreciation for life, and perhaps incite you to believe more strongly in the beauty and hope of a life hereafter. AN EXCELLENT SHOW - I want to buy it for everyone I know![/b]
October 4, 2012
A really sad movie but totally recommend it.
July 24, 2012
amazing!! if you love a great Sunday flick..this is it!!!
June 25, 2012
Such a good story!! a tear jerker every time!!
½ February 16, 2012
I always love this film. Cry like a baby every time. If you don't like films with religious themes, this is definitely not for you. If you are sentimental when it comes to your faith, and have an inner desire to be with your loved ones, even after death - this film will melt you. It's in a rare category "audience wise", as in the intended audience are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) - But any person described above who doesn't have a religious biased against mormons, should also appreciate/ enjoy this film. You can definitely tell the film makers really cared about their subject matter. A film about love, made with love. Seriously never fails, I can walk away from this film for years on end, and find myself balling like it was the first time I've seen it.
December 8, 2011
como conseguir esse filme ?
December 2, 2011
Generally a good movie, but way too sad for me... Brings up too many painful memories.
January 15, 2011
Emotionally manipulative up the yazoo.
½ April 2, 2010
Cheesy. Not the greatest acting. Predictable. But endearing nonetheless and makes me cry every time.
March 26, 2010

July 19, 2009
very touching. i think i wont be tired watching this movie again and again. i love charly!