94% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Old Dark House Reviews

AJ V

September 30, 2011
This is the usual murder mystery set in a big mansion with an unusual cast of characters in a strange family. It wasn't very scary or funny or anything, but it's mildly entertaining at least.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

August 8, 2011
This is a excellent remake of a 1932 film that then stared Boris Karloff, he was asked to come back for a role in this film but refused because the script read to much comedy. And that's what this is a comedy with a little horror One of William Castle's many films. The house itself from the outside reminds me of the housed used in the TV serial the Addams family. Tom Poston was over the top as a yo0ung sales man from NY in England to deliver an American Car. ends up at a haunted house with a crazy family. Very enjoyable 1960 film. 4 stars
Cindy I

November 6, 2010
A remake -- but just barely -- of the classic James Whale horror comedy, this one doesn't come close in entertainment value. It's not scary, not funny, and it has Tom Poston as the handsome hero (?!?) all the girls want. It's a William Castle production so I wasn't expecting much, but still. This reminded me of a feature-length version of The Addams family TV show (could have been because Charles Addams did the animated intro), and as much as I enjoyed that show, this is not a compliment. I'm glad it was on TCM and that I hadn't paid real money to see it.,
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

November 30, 2009
Definitely NOT William Castle's best flick, but worth a watch, anyway.
September 29, 2013
A man's roommate invites him to his family's estate. When he arrives the man is dead and the guest has to deal with the crazy family as the all begin to drop dead. I thoroughly enjoy all sorts of horror comedies and tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this one really fell flat. As a re-make of the 1932 Whale-directed film, this one comes no where near to capturing either the humor or the grimness that original.
TheBogMan1031
June 16, 2008
The only Castle film I utterly loathed. Comedy so unfunny as to be excruciating. Cool Chas Adams titles though.
November 28, 2012
A bit of a loony mystery movie with a twist ending, real fun if you like old school campy comedy mysteries. It may not be as intense but its a good watch with friends and family.
November 4, 2010
Okay '60s old dark house movie, more eccentric than scary or funny.