Dirty Deeds Reviews

August 17, 2011
Zach Harper: I.A.B... It's All Bullshit !

"10 Dares. 12 Hours. One Wild Night."

This review is for the Unrated version. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the PG-13 version and probably never will.

Well, I guess Dirty Deeds was a little better than I expected; but it still sucked. Nothing about it is really that funny and most of it is just carried over comedy from different teenager/high school comedies. The movie couldn't even make it 15 minutes without using it's first fart joke(but, boy was it funny... not).

The characters are cutouts of every stereotypical high schooler. You got your jocks, emos, nerds, gangsters, wannabe gangsters and of course the kid who fits into no one special group. He is our hero, Zach Harper. Zach is trying to complete the ten dirty deeds, which are so creative. I mean the writer must of really thought hard and long about these "deeds." How could he come up with a deed as clever as "Drink a beer in front of a cop." Pure genius at work.

Somehow the predictable plot and stereotypical characters was still slightly entertaining though. I was never bored while watching the movie. But that's more because it was funny seeing just how stupid this movie could get and not because it was a quality film. When put into the genre of Late Night Comedy, which this is, it's definitely not the worst thing that could have been made. There's been a lot of movies, similar to this one, that are a lot worse. That's the sole reason why I'm giving the rating I am(2 stars)and not the one I should(1 star).
½ February 11, 2010
It's end of High School year time and it's prank night!! Mix in porkys and all the other modern day high school movies and this is what you get.

It's about a guy who takes on the 10 dirty deeds, it hasn't been done for years and the last person to complete them all was about 13yrs ago and for the last bunch of years no one has tried and before that some only managed to do a few.

Has everything you expect, dorks, jocks, pot heads, white guys pretending to be black, house party thrown by a freshman trying to get in with the seniors, thick cops, boob shots, ditsy cheerleader types. and 10 pranks to be done by one guy All been done before and been done better, but still it's quite watchable.
November 9, 2006
FUNNY!!! Very entertaining.
April 3, 2008
I thought this was pretty well written and the characters were a bit more realistic than in most American Pie movies. The regular theatrical release is PG-13, so the dirtiest stuff is only suggested. There are some strange coincidences and holes in the plot that are problems, but overall the story is enjoyable as a treasure hunt/anti-authority comedy.
½ August 9, 2012
A late-night comedy that provides a few laughs and features several TV and Film stars, in some of their earliest roles. If you are under the influence and looking for a movie to compliment your high. You really can't go wrong with DIRTY DEEDS. Otherwise, you may want to find something else to watch.
½ April 21, 2010
Awesome movie! Love the idea of this 10 Dirty Deeds that need to be fulfilled within 12 hours on a Friday night with a challenging Senior in High School. Funny and charming, I already loved it the first 20 minutes. :) Great movie to watch for a weekend.
September 2, 2013
A high school comedy that will remind you of other high school comedies, with the same toilet humor and lack of character development. I did laugh a couple of times, and found Ventimiglia to be engaging. The reasons I watched this, Chabert and Kebbel, did not disappoint. A slightly entertaining movie.
February 2, 2012
I dunno... it kind of had some fun appeal to it. Yeah, it's a typical teen/sex/comedy but it's anchored by a likable lead (Milo Ventimiglia), the actual "Dirty Deeds" (who doesn't love a good dare) and a few great moments. Yes, it has its disgusting jokes... like the bread that comes with mayo, but this movie was still enjoyable to watch. Sometimes you just want to enjoy the high school teen mix where we cheer for the good guys to best the dumb jocks! Check.
January 21, 2012
I havent seen the PG13 versoin so I dont know how that is, but I assume that it has no nudity in it, which the unrated one does, now dont get confused if you see a movie called Dirtier Deeds, thats not the sequel which I thought, its the unrated version, so dont be a dumb dumb and get Dirtier Deeds if you already seen it.
½ October 27, 2011
Well this one was pretty decent. Basically took place at the High school with 10 dirty deeds to do. Typical kind of movie but if you have time you might like this one....
January 9, 2011
a little stupid, but somehow some parts were fun. reminded we of American Graffitti for some reason.
September 5, 2010
This is a cool movie. From start to finish, action all the way thru. Great flow, not one boring moment or lag of time. I'd highly recommend.
July 24, 2010
Ridiculous and plot holes galore. But with Lacey Chabert and Arielle Kebbel, I'm not complaining too much.
October 14, 2009
Dirty Deeds was a fun, thoughtless movie about 10 high school pranks that only one person per year attempts to complete (sometimes no one mans up to do them). This time it is Milo V (Peter Petrelli from Heroes) trying the 10 deeds. He blows through them fairly fast and hits a few roadblocks along the way. I have a newfound crush on Lacey Chabert after watching this movie (not sure why I didn't have one for her after Mean Girls, but oh well). Not bad, wouldn?t buy it, but if it happened to be on tv, I?d probably watch it again.
½ May 21, 2010
Turned it off 10 mins. in. and I stuck through the strait to DVD American Pie movies (beta house, the naked mile) This featured the guy from Heros and the now hotter chick from Party of Five so I thought I would give it a try. This movie was TOO generic with TOO stereo tpical characters. This movie fell under the "camp appeal" line for me and that's an ugly place to be.
October 25, 2009
Surely one of the funniest high school movies I have ever seen. See a pre-HEROES Milo Ventimiglia, a post-PARTY OF FIVE Lacey Chabert and a pre-STAR TREK Zoe Saldana spend a crazy night on the most wildest scavenger hunt I have ever seen. Listening to Bowling for Soup's "Almost" is also awesome.
August 13, 2009
A pleasantly enjoyable teen romp. Nothing new here - just Milo Ventimiglia on worse form than Heroes S3. This being said its still a pleasant way to spend an evening!
½ July 31, 2009
in school kids do the dummes things. trying to be cool, now they up after people in jack n the box. real cool?
½ June 22, 2008
Surprisingly funny. I wasn't expecting much but I actually enjoyed this movie. Its another stupid high school film but I actually enjoyed it. The deeds were funny and so unattainable except for in a small town. Give it a shot you might just enjoy it.