42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

All of Me Reviews

AJ V

December 4, 2012
The overall plot and sentiment in this film is wonderful, funny, and warm. It would have been a great film if it weren't filled with bodily/bathroom/gross out humor. With that added in like cheese on a pizza, it feels just ridiculous and cliched and slightly annoying at times. I was disappointed.
Apeneck F

January 19, 2012
Steve Martin's teamed with Lily Tomlin in this enjoyable Carl Reiner comedy about a lawyer given a chance to prove his meddle by settling the affairs of a dying and bitter heiress. Altho Tomlin's not given much to work with she does okay with what she gets, and then here is perhaps Martin's finest performance in film.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

November 28, 2009
Pretty cheesy at times, but it did make me laugh out loud at times. This is when Steve Martin actually meant something to me.
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

May 1, 2009
The fourth and final collaboration between Director Carl Reiner and Steve Martin might also be their funniest, second only to "The Jerk". Martin play attorney Roger Cobb, who aspires to be made a partner in his law firm but can't give up his passions for playing jazz guitar, and therefore isn't taken seriously by his boss. He's sent to deal with dying eccentric (i.e. rich and weird) client Edwina (lily Tomlin), who's figured out some way to put her soul into her stable hand's daughter's (Victoria Tennant) body when she dies, unfortunately, the guru drops the bowl containing her soul out the window and it hits Cobb on the head as he's walking out the door. All this is of course just an excuse to set Martin loose with some of the best physical comedy of his career, as Edwina controls half his body while he retains the other half. The movie itself may not be very clever (physical comedy and clever rarely go hand-in-hand), but compared to "The Jerk", it's downwright understated. The interchanges between Tomlin and Martin are pretty entertaining, and transition between their inner dialogue (in Cobb's head) and Martin's outer manifestation of Edwina's personality is tightly choreographed. This is probably one of Steve Martin's best comedic performances in what is a very enjoyable movie.
Lanning :

January 6, 2008
You know, I clearly remember enjoying this movie when I first saw it. Age, maybe, has changed my perspective. While Martin's physical comedy is second to none, this story really has not much substance, and I found myself not laughing at any of the jokes. Still, Steve Martin's body of work will stand for a long time to come.
garyX
garyX

January 1, 2007
Amusing rather than laugh out loud funny, this is still far better than any of Martin's efforts of recent years.
Stuart B

February 23, 2007
One of my personal fave Steve Martin films. A good idea that works really well.
deano
deano

December 12, 2006
Generally hilarious crazy comedy about a dead woman's 'soul' taking half possession of a living man's body.
Lee K

July 12, 2009
Funny movie as i can remember it, however it's been awhile.
Anthony V

May 21, 2007
A few funny bits, but a truly overrated film.
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2007
Funny! A favorite.
March 13, 2011
A cute and sometimes funny movie. Steve Martin is in his early prime for this one. Once the movie got to the point were the two souls were combined, it got laugh out loud funny. The physical comedy is great and story has great opportunity. Unfortunately, there are several points where the movie slows way down and starts to become a bit mundane. If you haven't seen it before, it may be worth watching.
September 13, 2010
Great classic comedic fun! You know you're getting old when new comedy just is too much sometimes. And darnit, that would be me I guess!
September 13, 2007
steve martin and LILLY TOMLIN are just amazing together!

another funny one that comes to a geat ending...
"back in da bowl" <<<
filmguy55
May 16, 2007
This a one of the best physical comedies ever made. This should be viewed by all actors to see how comedy acting should be done. Great supporting cast also.
buddyluv87
March 5, 2007
I think that Steve Martin did a great job of acting part man, part woman in this movie. I thought it was a fun movie.
tommowong
February 25, 2007
loved this movie, steve martin did a great job of someone in control of only half his body, and someone else controlling the rest. very funny, and well acted. I'm a Martin fan, but this one was classic.
robertbuehner
January 30, 2007
Carl Reiner was still making classics in the eighties, and in the process showed he was not gonna be overshadowed by his father.
nanoqna
December 31, 2006
this movie is so crazy!!!! this girl's spirit goes into a guy! i wont tell you all the good patrs though. this is one of steve martins best movies ever!
November 27, 2006
I love this movie, especially when she makes him walk all girly. Steve Martin's an amazing physical actor!