Gamers Reviews

June 29, 2008
Funny, hilarious, and down right wrong at times. Great fun.
August 16, 2008
A genuinely funny mockumentary about DnD style RPG players. Well filmed and well acted with a very decent script, even if this were a studio project. The onyl reason I don't rate it higher is because I forgot I watched this and didn't review it the day or day after I saw it. I had to look through my watching history to be reminded that I had seen this. Considering the longest I go from watching to commenting is overnight, that's a pretty big forget.
RPGers will probably really like this and think it's a great mock for their community. everyone else will be thoroughly entertained and reminded of the RPGers in their lives, though the characters do have a few stereotypes stamped to them.
May 19, 2008
Stupid annoying characters. The movie is more about the loser players' love lives than the game itself. It takes most of the movie to get to the actual game session, which doesn't play out interestingly enough. I would've liked to see more role-playing action than the sexual and lack-of-career frustrations of the guys involved. I didn't like any of the characters, they were pathetic in an unfunny way. Perhaps some scenes at conventions, game stores and them interacting with other players? How about some fantasy scenes of their characters in the adventure? I liked how the scriptwriters fittingly changed the "DND" name to avoid any copyright issues. There were some nice cameo appearances by 80's actors. Jokes were mostly misses, but I laughed at the nerotic player's obsession with his "Farrah" character, and the resulting chaos when she was killed off in many gruesome ways so she couldn't be resurrected. I couldn't believe they didn't see the game-master's white grand wizard costume resembled a KKK uniform The movie poster made it look like the ultimate geek role-playing comedy, but it fell quite short of that. I doubt I'll rewatch.
July 30, 2010
Funny movie about long-term gamers, and since I'm a long-term gamer, I enjoy the schtick. Fun, and nice cameos by William Katt and Kelly LeBrock.
½ May 5, 2009
I watched this as something I just found on the shelf at Hastings. Funny, but really sad, like most geeks/gamers, including myself.
½ August 6, 2008
I've never played D&D (the fake one or the real one), but I did get a good laugh out of this movie.

Not the best ever, but entertaining just the same. Some of the scenes made me laugh like crazy, and some not so much.

Definitely worth seeing if you are a gamer of any kind. (no, I will never play D&D)