The Salon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Salon Reviews

December 13, 2007
Crazy funny!
January 15, 2011
Let me say that every one in this film is looking good ya heard. the kid in the film set it over the top would like to see more of the kid in part 2.Vivca look good as a mom the boy match's perfectly' I heard a lot about this film so let's get it to the theater soon i just hope the July 4 release is for real. I meet the Dabier in Baltomore and he told me all about the film. He also told me about his up coming role's on The Shield the role of rebound on FX and guest starring role on HOUSE where he play's a 10 yr old cancer patient this show is on Fox I think this kid is on he way.I also heard the kid can rap my people out here in N.Y say the kid have some skills i see the kid name on the Billboard music contest 3th place in rap & hip hop he beat out people adults from all over the world he will have 1 song on the billboard compilation album.
November 3, 2008
I love Vivica so much that is why I am so sad that this movie was so disappointing. Too campy and a Beautyshop rip off. V is so much better than this. Tragic.
½ September 16, 2008
I only got to watch part of this... so not really sure if I like it or not but what I seen was good:)... so I give it 2 1/2 stars...LOL:)
October 10, 2007
Cute and touching. Typical salon movie. The acting was not bad. Kym Whitley made it even better. Vivica was bomb too...
I'm not against gay people but in this particular movie "DeeDee" got on my nerves....eww!
And the white girl made me sick! A character that was not necessarily needed in my opinion.
½ August 12, 2007
Great laughs! It has romance, drama, giggles, drugs, pimps and hos, and the token crazy bum on the street. What's not to love?
½ May 13, 2007
Its not as bad as I thought it would be although it is almost an exact copy of Barbershop just a women's version. Its still pretty good.
December 21, 2010
this movie sucks,alot of racism.dont waste your time watching it
January 1, 2010
Gosh, what a terrible movie. Stereotypes galore, and the humor falls flat. Paul Chambers, CNN.
½ August 3, 2007
Whilst watching this I could have sworn I had seen it before, but apparently not after much research. There must be a very simailar film out there. It's not too bad, it has a good basic plot, the actors do fine. There are som glaring inaccuracies however, in what black people have invented. (One mentioned was the toilet, the researchers for the film need to find an accurate search engine, they should Google it.)