Sisters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sisters Reviews

½ January 10, 2009
I liked this up until the last ten minutes or so. Good, creepy suspense film, both actresses are great in their roles. Then it takes a very confusing twist and I'm not at all sure exactly what they were getting at with it, but anyhow... I will have to check out the original version of this movie for sure and see if that makes more sense!
May 12, 2011
Nobody payed attention to this remake of De Palmas original movie with the same title, but I happen to think this was at least as good as the original movie if not better.

I agree with most that the ending although shocking but didn't make much sense, what would completely change who the reporter was?... I don't know, maybe we should ask Buck :)
March 7, 2009
never seen the movie
i might watch the movie with my dad
he likes psychological movies
to a interesting point of view
sounds like a good movie
May 10, 2008
It wasn't a bad movie till it made a stupid twist in the middle. After that it wasn't worth watching.
April 1, 2008
A completely straight-faced remake of Brian De Palma's lurid "classic." And by "straight-faced," I mean everything that was fun and enjoyable about the original has been left out to dry. Literally. I still expect something great from Douglas Buck, but this sure as hell isn't it.
March 29, 2008
Not a bad straight to cable remake of the classic DePalma film from the 70's. It didnt have the star power of Kidder and Salt or the creepy music of the original but was a decent rehash of a great cult film. Lou Doillon did an amazing job outshining her more recognizable and experienced co-stars.
March 14, 2008
Kung-Pow Chicken under me has got this movie entirely wrong. What we ACTUALLY have here is (GASP!) a very decent horror remake of the 1973 Brian De Palma Psychological Chiller. There are definitely plenty of nods to De Palma and his craft within this movie, but it separates itself enough to be a very unique film that is NOT a ghost story (I'm talking to you down there, General Tso's Chicken). Also, the actors in this movie are pretty terrific with a solid performance from Chloe Sevigny (and she didn't even have to stick Vincent Gallo's cock in her mouth this time around!!!). Another very aspect of this film are the three main male actors of this film, all of whom I have enjoyed in previous work including Stephen Rea (Crying Game), Dallas Roberts (3:10 To Yuma), and JR Bourne (13 Ghosts).

The last twenty minutes of this film are indeed "trippy" and a bit difficult to decipher at first glance, but I suggest giving this movie a try. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
½ March 8, 2008
An OK remake of the DePalma classic, but not done as well as when DePalma did it. Still, worth a watch if you've never seen the original...or just want to compare the two.
½ March 5, 2008
Endlessly boring "horror thriller", that is not very exciting nor very frightening. The cast isn't too bad, but with the material they had to work with they couldn't be good. A real dud.
September 23, 2012
How does this have only a rating of 13% but exclusively positive reviews?? I'll look into it.

[Interested: cannot find.]
December 7, 2012
N/A
½ December 2, 2011
This remake of the 70's Brian De Palma's classic (which I have yet to see) has got to be one of the best surprises I've seen in a while. I went into this film not really knowing what genre it fit into and assumed it was a drama mystery on the plot of a 'different' kind of twins.

Go into this film knowing just this and you may love this creepy and engaging experience. Everything works quite well here. This is one of the better films from 2006.
½ November 8, 2011
When I heard this was going to be remade, I was very angry because I am a huge fan of the original. As remakes go, this one didn't have the budget of the big Hollywood remakes, which I think works in its favour, but it still seemed unnecessary because it was basically the same as the original. I had heard that it was a new interpretation of the story, but it wasn't really.
October 10, 2011
A convoluted redux of a classic De Palma film. The first hour is able to hold its own through the clever use of suspense (albeit slow), but during the last thirty minutes the film takes a cliche and unexpected twist that doesn't make sense NOR fit with the first hour of the film. This technique is okay, IF the writer or director would have explained it better, but it seems the film is missing a piece that connects the psychological trauma beyond the surface of the skin.
½ July 20, 2011
f'd up movie but entertaining.
May 12, 2011

January 24, 2011
Looks terrible, sounds terrific.
December 6, 2010
This was interesting until the last 20 minutes, which made absolutely no sense.
½ August 5, 2010
Disappointing. The cast didn't feel right. Can't even compare to the original.