Meet Bill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meet Bill Reviews

December 1, 2008

blkbomb
July 22, 2011
Bill: They hate that I'm working at their bank. I hate that I'm working at their bank.

Meet Bill is a perfect example that an exemplary cast can't hold up a movie that is without good material. The cast is great: Aaron Eckart, Elizabeth Banks, Timothy Olyphant, Holmes Osborne, Kristen Wiig, Jessica Alba, and Logan Lerman. The story, however, is extremely dull.

The story is about Bill. A man who's addicted to sugar, works at a bank with his in-laws, and has a wife that cheats on him with the local news guy. Bill then takes up mentoring a student and starts to try to find himself. His search is pretty boring. The movie wants to be insightful and funny, but it just comes off as a dull and unfunny comedy with no redeeming qualities; that will be forgotten twenty minutes after watching it.

I honestly thought I would like this. I'm an Aaron Eckart fan. I've loved several of his movies. From Thank You For Smoking to The Dark Knight. From Conversations with Other Women(Extremely Underrated) to Rabbit Hole. He normally plays characters that are interesting. Here he plays a character that is extremely, ummm.... uninteresting and extremely boring.

Meet Bill is not funny enough to be a good comedy and not dramatic enough to be a good drama. It's just a piece of garbage. Once you throw it away, you forget about it.
jjnxn
½ December 6, 2009
Pleasant enough age crisis comedy that veers off course but Aaron Eckhart is good in the lead and keeps it on track as much as possible.
LWOODS04
November 6, 2009
Jessica Alba, Elizabeth Banks, Aaron Eckhart

A guy fed up with his job and married to a cheating wife reluctantly mentors a rebellious teen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great comedy. Really liked this movie a lot. I was laughing one moment and then cringing in embarrassment for Aaron Eckhart's character Bill another moment. Just some really awkward moments that make you wanna laugh but then feel sorry for the guy. Logan Lerman was great in this movie. Liked his sarcastic comments and if not for his performance, I feel Jessica Alba's would have been forgetful. Logan definitely stills her spotlight. Aaron Eckhart was great. I loved his acting in this movie. He was hilarious.
November 22, 2008
Hmm.. it was okay...not great, but okay. I could have done without the drug stuff, and the ending was a little too up in the air, but it had it's moments. Jessica Alba and Elizabeth Banks are both very good. I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to go out of their way to see it, though.
puffchunk
½ August 29, 2008
I laughed, I cringed. It's like American Beauty got turned into a comedy, but without the brain splattering. Aaron Eckhart is my new hero. I really enjoyed it, but near the end it had some over exaggerated drug scenes and some 'moral of the story' elements.
MANUGINO
August 1, 2008
The movie has no point its just a wannabe comedy-self improving rich guy with a slut wife that just wants to follow his dream. A guy fed up with his job and married to a cheating wife reluctantly mentors a rebellious teen
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
May 18, 2008
Aaron Eckhart's performance is the only thing that kept this film intact until the end. He plays Bill, a down-and-out 30 something guy who works for the father of his wife. He reluctantly takes a kid under his wing and be his mentor.

He was supposed to teach the kid about life and all that comes along with it, instead the kid taught Bill that life is more than a good desk job and a bar of Snickers.

A solid performance by Aaron Eckhart. He was funny, outrageous, comedic, unbelievable, awkward, silly whatever you call him, he was pretty impressive.

I don't know about the remaining actors though. Jessica Alba barely spoke in the entire film and her role was downright useless. Its a damn shame.

3/5
zeravenyoej
January 21, 2009
I hated this movie. NOT a fan of Aaron Eckhart or Elizabeth Banks.
July 7, 2008
Midlife crisis dramedy has few laughs, not very likeable characters, and no real drive.
January 16, 2010
It was an enjoyable, fun watch.
iLeo
½ June 9, 2008
Hmmm. I rated this before. Oh well. An interesting movie. Good story plot about a man who doesn't wish to settle for less of life but to be more in control of it. Good music. Timothy Olyphant is hilarious. Aaron Eckhart is great. Definitely worthy.
roseypie
½ August 25, 2008
Definitely, it was Aaron Eckhart who carried the movie all way through, after all he plays the title role. There's nothing really much to rave about it, though some scenes were funny, I just thought that the story was too stretched out. There wasn't much material to work with. It was rather a bit disappointing to see a good actor such as Eckhart in something that probably is just tv-movie material.
FanGirl
July 24, 2008
Funny enough, but not funny enough to recommend
September 1, 2008
Eckhart was a bit ridiculous in this one, but it was entertaining to watch his character change throughout the movie. The ending was pretty realistic without the feel good conclusion that most of these movies have and I liked that.
October 26, 2012
Filmed in STL which is neat seeing my local area. Awkward moments between Jessica Alba and "The Kid" that you can't "un-see". Really could of done with out all the drug use... But isn't as bad as critics make it out to be. This one is OK to borrow from library.
½ March 23, 2009
The first half of this really wasn't funny at all. The second half was much better, though still not great by any means. I would classify this as somewhat of a dark comedy.
April 20, 2012
I did not enjoy this movie. It had about one minor funny moment in the whole movie. Not watchable. Skip if possible.
April 16, 2012
I have yet to see anything with Aaron Eckhart that I like. He sucks at movies. Meet Bill is yet another failure-at-life-mentors-teen movie.
½ February 25, 2012
I loved this movie it was so freaking funny , Elizabeth Banks is beautiful as always , Jessica was underused , as was kristen . but I didnt really see any flaws in iT