The Perfect Holiday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perfect Holiday Reviews

3niR
May 2, 2011
I expected Queen Latifah to be all over this movie not just tiny tiny appearances. It was okay. Not in my expectation though.
½ May 25, 2009
I found this a cookie-cutter type of movie. Lonely mom with three kids finds a perfect guy who has to work through various obstacles to find his way to true love, dah-da dah-da. I gave it a half-star bonus for the fact that the movie does work with the actors, but deducted a half-star for Queen Latifah and Terrance Howard's redundant roles in it.
rayman0071
December 17, 2007
If it weren't for Queen Latifah,this would have been disasterous from the start. The ONLY saving grace here is Morris Chestnut and Gabrielle Union.
November 13, 2008
The chemistry between Morris Chestnut & Gabrielle Union in this light hearted romantic comedy does wonders to the soul of the Christmas spirit. See it!
xxdebxx
½ January 3, 2010
The Perfect Holiday has heart and Morris Chestnut and Gabrielle Union do they best they can. It is always refreshing to see a clean movie filled with romance and humor but it's a tad too bland and average.
December 12, 2007
Exceedingly pathetic and slapsticky holiday-set rom-com.
½ December 30, 2008
Just an ordinary Christmas drama and comedy that deals with family affairs, in particular how it affects the kids.
There was some relatively good acting, but overall it's just a little X-mas movie that should be watched during X-mas time because it has some really silly laughs.
iLeo
December 15, 2007
An intriguing movie! Morris Chestnut and Gabrielle Union have such a great on-screen chemistry. This movie is definitely one to watch during the holiday season. Great!
December 27, 2010
I can witness why all the bad hovering reviews are floating around this film and I can see why everyone is so confused about that. This movie was OK could've been better but a little bit more peachier, Santa dies, the boy realizes that his mom won't be capable to get a new husband, and lots of crying. Could've gone better but in my opinion, it was alright. A young girl wants to get a new husband and suddenly, she and her brother realizes that they won't get the husband so he starts crying and Santa helps him rely on his crying to get through disappointing situations. It tells how he might get a new husband for them or not. This is an uplifting Christmas Spirit and very original but it's not really my fav. Could've been better...
½ October 31, 2010
It means well, but it's not a good movie at all. But I do like the little music video Charlie Murphy did, lol
½ January 18, 2010
every time i watch it, it makes me think of the holiday season! great movie and katt williams is funny as always!
November 28, 2009
This was one the cutest movies I have ever seen. It kind of reminds me of Are We There Yet, in a way. But it's still really good. The perfect holiday movie, in my opinion.
½ July 14, 2009
Can you say GENERIC?! This film was nowhere near realistic or relateable to any being on the planet. It completely lacked heart and charm. It seemed to be thrown together just to get a film out there for the Christmas season to raked in some money. If you ask me, it was the kind of rubbish that was fit for Lifetime at best!
½ November 25, 2008
I think the trailer made it look funnier than it was...ya know? All the funniest parts were in the trailer.
January 14, 2009
Pretty entertaining holiday comedy, but not without having some far fetched concepts. Charlie Murphy was hilarious as always. The only thing I don't understand is why Terrance Howard's role was so small. He practically didn't have a purpose as the bad Christmas spirit or whatever he was. They could have had more room for him.
December 25, 2008
SUMMARY: three kids that live with their divorced mom lives change when some guy enters their live during the christmas season.

POSITIVES: it truly was a good "hallmark channel" story. A nice enjoyable story for the whole family. Decent acting also. Honorable mention goes to both Katt Williams and Terrance Howard.

IMPROVEMENTS: very predictable and drawn-out.

OVERALL: its a decent christmas family movie, but not the best movie ever. Straight up Rental.
½ December 15, 2008
This film was enjoyable, but it lacked something I can't quite put my finger on. It had all the makings of a traditional romantic Christmas movie, but I can't place it on my all-time favorite Christmas films. One of the main things only things I didn't like about it was Queen Latifah and Terrence Howard; what were they, elves??
June 22, 2008
I watched this on DVD last night. I thought it was good. It kept my interest, mainly Morris Chestnut.
December 13, 2007
This was cute. Great Cast, love Miss Union and whatever you just can't wrong with the Queen and Terrence. The story was not so good and this Movie lacked a little something, but the Cast made up for the overall let down. Still cute for a once around...
½ November 1, 2008
I love Charlie Murphy. He was very funny in this movie, but it was a very cliched divorced mom finds a nice guy crap.