Look

Look

60%
  • R, 1 hr. 42 min.
  • Drama, Comedy
  • Directed By:
    Adam Rifkin
    In Theaters:
    Dec 14, 2007 Limited
    On DVD:
    May 5, 2009
  • Liberated Artists
  • Look
    2 minutes 38 seconds
    Added: May 9, 2008
  • Look
    2 minutes 32 seconds
    Added: Apr 28, 2010

Look Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

June 16, 2009
I expected a lot more from this movie then what I got. Lots of T&A, beautiful young women, not real point other then we are on camera where ever we go and when someone wants to use it against us they will. One of those put the kids to bed early movies. Really not a Movie but a Documentary. 1/2 star, pointless.

March 4, 2010
The stated intention of "Look" is to show how much time we spend being captured on cameras, by staging the action as if it was being filmed by security cameras. So far, so good. But the movie cheats by including dialogue that would not normally be taped, robbing the movie of any ambiguity that the far superior "Red Road" developed wonderfully. What actually happens with "Look" is that the cameras show how much we lie during the course of a day while the cameras show what the truth is. All the while, we have to ask is anybody watching these images. Probably, since they are occasionally fastforwarded, indicating somebody somewhere is getting bored.

The focus of a series of interlocking melodramatic storylines is a shopping mall where Sherri(Spencer Redford) and Holly(Heather Hogan), a pair of vapid teenagers, are trying on clothes in a department store where Tony(Hayes MacArthur), a store manager, is intent on having sex with anything that moves. Sherri will be content with shoplifting and and seducing her English teacher, Mr. Krebbs(Jamie McShane).

As bad as some of that sounds, there are worse scenes that are almost impossible to watch while there is one perfect scene in the film that involves a car crash. All of which is emblematic of a low view of human nature with a few exceptions.
Christopher B

November 30, 2009
Short Cuts with surveillance cameras. Unfairly overlooked writer/director Rifkin creates a fascinating film by following multiple characters stories using only footage of them from various forms of video surveillance (I had no idea so much video surveillance cameras recorded audio, but I'm willing to overlook that nitpick because I enjoyed the film so much). Some stories are horrifying and some simply tragic, but all of them are entertaining and well performed. It's a shame this movie never got a decent release, but much like Rifkin's best films, will eventually become hidden gems. And for Dark Backward fans, check out the advertisement on the bus!
October 28, 2013
Pretty good, but sometimes I think the techniques end up making it feel even more setup than a normal movie and kind of pulls you out of it. I get the point Rifkin is making with the cameras everywhere, but sometimes that looming message doesn't give the story enough room.
December 29, 2009
This movie sounded really instering so I thought I would check it out and it was not nearly as good as I thought it was going to be, I liked how it was shot, like all the footage was from camera of some sort, but some of the characters really got on my nerves on how stupid they were. It also dragged on in some places which made it seem a lot longer then it actually was. Just a movie to pass the time, but not something to go out of your way to see.
June 21, 2009
Five interconnected stories unfold as they are exposed through the hundreds of hidden cameras they pass in their daily lives. The creative film is an interesting exploration of privacy and isolation in modern society.
Shane D

June 3, 2009
Funny, depressing, disturbing and about as true as fiction can get. Adam Rifkin is truly a director who does whatever kind of movie he wants. The whole movie is told through surveillance cameras, and though you may think that it would get old, believe me it doesn't.
June 18, 2008
This is a creative way to put different story lines together in a movie, using surveillance cameras. Real cameras or not, I enjoyed the way it was filmed. We watched it at CineVegas 2007.
May 30, 2014
Was disturbing, but one of those movies I couldn't stop watching.
November 2, 2012
Not since Crash has a movie invoked so many emotions out of me. This movie is a journey through one's senses. I'll admit that I wasn't feeling the whole surveillance camera idea, but that's before I began watching it. This movie is gripping, frightening, thrilling, arousing, angering, disgusting, saddening, etc.. Only one who goes into it with a cynical mindset will miss the point of a film like this and come away viewing it as a failed attempt at something grand. The movie works and in a year (2009) suffocated by mediocre, dry American film-making, this is an extremely refreshing burst of air.
July 31, 2011
Chega quase lá, mas requer muitos clichà (C)s pelo caminho...
June 7, 2011
This film lacks what I despise about the mockumentary genre: some annoying moron holding the camera and talking. The interwoven stories are interesting, and for the most part the camerawork does make it seem as if one could be watching real events.
Jack Fox
January 2, 2011
A Movie with a great story. A Movie that is creepy and unsettling in a good way.
Cori E.
March 27, 2010
Very interesting and different kind of movie. It shows the lives of many people all caught on security cameras. Although I wasn't crazy about the long and frequent sex scenes, I thought the storyline surround the sex scenes was at least at least interesting. I think I was most interested in the storyline surrounding a teenage girl trying to seduce her teacher. Then by the end I was thrilled to tears that that little psycho slut finally got caught. Poor teacher though, long time in jail. I wouldn't say this movie is a great movie, but I thought it was at least entertaining. Look has left a big impression on me. I don't know about anybody else, but whenever I go somewhere in public I look around for video cameras!

March 4, 2010

Raffielo
January 24, 2010
An intriguing look at which weeds grow underneath of the rock of the human soul.
NuahK
December 25, 2009
I think this should be in the comedy category instead of the Dramas section lol.
Steve Pulaski
October 2, 2009
59%? Really? This movie was an amazing shot on video type movie. It was creepy, interesting, and dark all the way through. The idea of shot on video is one of the most breath taking concepts ever. Adam Rifkin's LOOK was visually stunning.
rgsoloman5000
August 26, 2009
This movie was interesting enough to hold my attention but it tried really hard to lose it. The overall message I got from this movie is that people are horrible, selfish and animalistic. The reason I got some what into this story was because it felt like I was watching one of those To Shocking For TV shows, but just like those shows they are predictable. Watch it if its in front of you but don?t pay for it.