Headless Horseman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Headless Horseman Reviews

ScoopOnline
January 25, 2011
Not one of the best but even not bad. A tiny bit similar to Texas ChainSaw Massacre Movie just replace the "Chain Saw" to a Sword or a Hook.
½ September 25, 2011
A terrible excuse for a classic remake. TERRIBLE excuse. Where in this movie is the headless horseman? Because he's probably only in 5 minutes throughout the whole thing. SyFy...you dissapointed me with this one.
John2223
½ August 5, 2009
A little better than average for a Sci-Fi channel movie where the acting was poor in places, but overall not too bad. Though its low budget It is an enjoyable slasher flick with good gory moments.
If you just want a little entertainment for an evening in, then this film is watchable.
½ October 28, 2009
Change the old story around with a twist in the location and the plot of his existence, overall a okay movie
½ October 10, 2014
Some scences make any sense, with a boring and predictable screenplay, this film is probably the worst urban legend movie. Bad cast.
½ August 4, 2014
Some scences make any sense, with a boring and predictable screenplay, this film is probably the worst urban legend. Bad cast.
½ September 25, 2011
½ July 21, 2010
headless horseman is such a bad film that its funny. the storyline is absolutely stupid and the acting is just as bad. i love sleepy hollow and the legend of the headless horseman, but this film makes the whole concept and story a total mockery. first of all the headless horseman isn't supposed to come out during the daytime and like i said before its a very dumb concept and a disappointment to a true horror classic.
February 2, 2009
By now, you know how I feel about creepy kid movies, so it should come as no surprise that I was super pumped for [B]The Unborn[/B]. Sadly, it didn't live up to it's trailer or my expectations, but it didn't totally suck either. I enjoyed the premise, a twin who died in the womb haunting the sibling who lived. And then the mythology, maybe this spirit twin is a stronger presence that needs to be exorcised from our world, was also good. But the dialogue and terrible acting just brought me completely out of the story. The main girl, Odette Yustman ("Cloverfield") wasn't that bad, but her friend, Meagan Good ("Saw V") killed me every time she opened her mouth. I started dreading her appearance on screen.

[B]Yentl[/B] has Barbra Steisand ("Meet the Fockers") as a Jewish woman who poses as a man so she can study the Torah. Of course, she falls in love with a classmate, Mandy Patinkin ("Choking Man"), and then all of weirdness happens while she tries to keep her secret. Plus, there's singing. I found it sometimes strange and often touching. Definitely worth watching.

[B]The Invisible[/B] is kind of a lame thriller about a kid who gets beaten and left for dead, but his spirit is wandering about trying to get someone to find his body before he actually dies. It entertained me. Partly because I think the main kid, Justin Chatwin ("Middle of Nowhere"), is adorable. But the story is just okay and the acting isn't great. Except for Marcia Gay Harden ("Home"), of course. I say, if it's on, watch it. But don't go to any great lengths to seek it out.

You don't always know from a preview which Steve Carell ("Get Smart") you're going to get, but [B]Dan in Real Life[/B] features the subtle and still funny man. The story is very sweet and very realistic. Carell plays a widower raising three girls. They got to a family reunion where Carell falls for his brother's girlfriend. Like all family situations, this movie features many classic moments, both tear-jerking and uncomfortable. Pleasantly surprised by this one.

I'm pretty sure that [B]Headless Horseman[/B] is a Sci-Fi channel original. And, of course, I got sucked right in there. In a slasher take on the Sleepy Hollow story, a group of teenagers get stranded in a backwoods, inbred (typical) town where every 7 years, Headless comes looking for 7 heads to feed to hell. It's a weird backstory, and it might even have been more interesting, if the dialogue and acting hadn't been so bad. I realize that this a common complaint of mine. But I just feel that there are so many good actors and writers out there, why can't studios try harder to get better ones?[FONT=Arial]
½ October 24, 2008
:rotten: (out of four)

[color=darkorchid]Wahington Irving would be turning over in his grave. I think Tim Burton, who directed the stylish, but miserable [i][b]Sleepy Hollow[/b][/i] would ever cry foul. B movie enthusiasts may be a few laughs from this, but for the most part this picture isn't some much an ode to the original story, but rather a desecration of it.[/color]
½ April 24, 2008
Kids in the backwoods, crazed locals - imagine that. Obviously this is hardly original material here. Hokey far fetched plot.
½ February 11, 2008
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]A great Sci-fi channel movie, the best this channel has ever presented that I've seen thus far. Great movie, lots of blood/gore, interesting idea. Annoying actors/actresses getting their heads cut off, way cool. Freaky townspeople, creative death scenes, this movie was fun to watch. Sci-fi channel finally hits one over the fences, Great Job. 9/10

[/font][font=Tahoma]Edit: Originally posted[/font] [font=Tahoma][b]Tuesday, October 30, 2007[/b] under Lucky7s22G[/font]
½ December 8, 2007
[font=Tahoma][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=2]A great Sci-fi channel movie, the best this channel has ever presented that I've seen thus far. Great movie, lots of blood/gore, interesting idea. Annoying actors/actresses getting their heads cut off, way cool. Freaky townspeople, creative death scenes, this movie was fun to watch. Sci-fi channel finally hits one over the fences, Great Job. 9/10[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][/font]