20% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Fade to Black Reviews

Jacob P

October 20, 2011
I got confused with this one. Is this really a thriller/suspense, or it is just another mafia movie with Cristopher Walken? Hmm...well...if this was a thriller/suspense, it was really slow-paced and quickly lost my attention.
GabrielKnight
July 1, 2012
I appreciated the dark humor in this noir thriller, but the story seemed somewhat convoluted. I have no idea why Spanish actors were cast to play Italians.
January 3, 2013
For Orson Welles fans this movie is a must see! It reminded me of The Third Man--except that Orson Welles is the hero and it is post-war Italy instead of Austria.
December 15, 2012
Danny Huston sounds more like his dad, the great John Huston, than Orson Welles. The plot and script are too slow--The Third Man it's not!
Jacob P

October 20, 2011
AJAX
October 3, 2010
Another Orson Welles movie, this one involving a murder mystery. While its beautifully shot, and very creative in its scene development, its extremely boring, and almost unbearably so. Huston, though charming, never seems to capture the role in the way you wish him to, and its almost as if you have to hear him say he's Orson Welles each time for you to believe it.

Diego Luna and Paz Vega can't add the flavor this convoluted mystery needs to be saved, but the director certainly has a future with a better script and a peppier pace.
Reprieved Soul
May 27, 2006
A multilayered, complex and potentially controversial movie. Addressing a neglected period and raising issues relevant to the outcome of those events depicted, and the continuing behaviour of 'our army' in providing a steady stream of future conflict, there must be more reasons for pessimism than optimism in the mind as one leaves the theatre.

The 'good news' is that the film got funded and made at all, which overcomes one of the pessimisms of the movie. The bad news is that the message(s) had to be so blurred as to make the film very difficult to enjoy, and any chance of the right people coming away with the right message minimised.