• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

Tormented Reviews

thefog1331
thefog1331

August 24, 2010
There's a good deal of humor and a few nasty kills so other than an annoyingly "hip" soundtrack Tormented is a moderately successful newgen slasher that features a reasonable motive and beats the pants off of most others that have tried at the attempt.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

December 7, 2009
well apart from a couple of funny jokes this movie is dyer!
Britain must really stop writing horrors its just embarressing!
This movie is boring slow and just completely unbelievable and really laughable!
Just crap!
This fat kid who gets bullied ends up committing suicide, after being bullied by this group of people, but he comes back as a killer and starts kiling each of them and thats the story not much to it really he kills them end of story!
Its as crap as it sounds!

January 3, 2013
This movie is a bit more on the unique side of high school slashers, but not so much in a good way. The camera work and editing stands out most to me, and it works in giving the movie an intense tone, but the problem with this film lies somewhere else. The acting is fine, the plot is basic but not bad... What's horrid is the character development and the dialogue. The characters are exaggerated to the point where I want to rip my hair out. All the comedy in this film falls flat, and the "Cool kids" "Bullies" "Emos" all do nothing but play a stereotypical role and ruin what could have been a decent film, had it been more down to earth.
Matthew A

June 24, 2010
An interesting concept (in fact very similar to one of the stories I once started to write), but I felt that the film hasn't fully explored this great concept. The concept is a guy in a college who was being bullied commits suicide and then comes back as a ghost/wraith to punish everyone who used to bully him.

The movie showed bullying very realistically and at least I hope it gets this message across to the people and how terrible bullying can be. However some parts of the movie were just dragging on and you just keep wondering 'When is there going to be some action?!'

Overall it was a typical teen horror movie. Just good to watch once pretty much when you want to see a random slasher.
John2223
John2223

April 15, 2009
Teenage horror/ thriller movie with a couple of laughs and lots of gore but a lack of suspense prevents it from being scary.
Decent and well worth a watch.
Adam M

December 5, 2009
Teen horror about a schoolboy who when bullied to the point where he commits suicide, comes back from the dead to get revenge. Although nothing special, this is a fun and occasionally funny and gory horror/comedy. Not a bad young cast including a few from cult Brit comedy/drama series Skins and fit, posh newcomer Tuppence Middleton make for an enjoyable, if sometimes dodgy, little horror film.
Marcus W

May 22, 2009
"Please can Darren be excused from games because he is dead."

This film was written by a guy called Stephen Prentice (I think - or something similiar), and if he carries on writing movies with this level of quality he deserves everything he'll get. This film is by far one of the best horror movies I've seen for ages. The writing is flawless and works on so many levels with a stunning depth of character. The plot is completely simple but due to the great character work has lots of neat twists and turns. You want comedy as well? Not a problem, it's here. Gore? Yep, loads of it (I cheered out loud at least twice) and a pencil-trick to rival the Joker's. This film weaves between horror, drama and comedy so perfectly that it's a shame there isn't more hype. In fact, I liked it so much I could watch it again - which is rare with horror movies. Genius.
June 9, 2013
Fat guy with puffer commits suicide over incessant bullying, comes back from the dead and gruesomely wastes his bullies. Darren Mullett, you are a hero.
May 20, 2013
Ugh! Can you get more unimaginative?! The film's message should be that the true "Tormented" ones are those who paid $10 for a ticket....
February 10, 2012
Darkly funny, brutal, and intelligent, Tormented is a black horror comedy that unforgivingly satirizes bullying and cliques.
NuditysShiver
March 1, 2011
A female student is escorted from school by police at the beginning of the film, then a flashback sequence occurs to five days earlier. That same female student, Justine Fielding (Tuppence Middleton), is giving a eulogy for another student in Darren Mullet (Calvin Dean) that committed suicide because of the constant bullying he recieved from his school peers. A group of school peers who find delight in torturing others not like them. That all begins to change when Darren comes back from the dead to get revenge for all the horrible things that were done to him.

What I enjoy about British horror is their imagination on how they deliver their scenes. Tormented mixes nice cheeky humor with some class gore effects. The storyline isn't anything new; honestly, it's the same thing we've seen before. The majority of school horror films revolve around the same basic principal; revenge. The victim is either bullied or is in love with the main female in the entire school. There really isn't anything going for these types of films and always ends in the most predictable way. Tormented, while going down familiar territory, doesn't end the way we all might expect a film like this to end.

Writer Stephen Prentice sort of had me there at the start, but he changed it up while including some witty dialogue. I'm really huge on British accents, even moreso when they're coming from beautiful female leads. Tuppence Middleton shines in her role and I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more films in which she stars in. I'm really impressed on how the British can take a low budget film and turn it into high-priced gold. The cinematography was a bit jarring, but the kill scenes were awfully creative. I would also like to point out two scenes which involved sex, which had extra camera emphasis on the condoms being used. It's funny how a horror film still finds time to give out "safe sex" tips to the young generation. Then soon after having one of the guys being viciously castrated by zombie/ghost Darren. Which comes back to how hilarious the British can be when presenting their own brand of horror.
tmannamt
October 22, 2010
The movie is nothing more than what the plot says. The dark atmosphere and shaky cam style is a bit over done, but other than that it's an average teen horror flick.
August 9, 2009
I loved this horror tale of revenge. Some of my favorite young actresses were in it, so it made it that much better.
Sgt. Cockstrain
February 6, 2014
(2%)
A film highlighting one of the biggest problems with certain low-budget British cinema in that it lacks both ambition and ideas. The school "kids" are all clearly 24 which at least in American slasher films the students don't wear uniforms, but here they do and it just looks as if they are all going to a fancy dress party as the same theme, it's awful. The writing is dire, the characters are from another world as they behave and talk like no real human beings actually do, and the mix of American elements thrown in from time to time just doesn't work and only further hampers the already broken reality in which this is set. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the real kids from the school in which this was shot (clearly during summer break) couldn't make a better film themselves.
August 13, 2011
The plot was stupid and the horror was lame. There was no remote explanation about the zombie/ghost. But Alex Pettyfer was in it and he was SO hot. He plays the role of popular bad boy who everyone listens to. I didn't know he could act like this! He made the movie watchable but unless you are a big fan of him, don't watch the movie. Its a huge waste of your time.

January 3, 2013
February 27, 2013
Two things make this movie great the gore and the British accents
October 25, 2012