Suck Reviews

½ February 14, 2011
Oh so stupid funny. What's not to like? Rollicking fun with cameos by Alice Cooper, Henry Rollins, Iggy Pop, etc. Campy rock horror flick. I really liked the songs, too.
3niR
January 29, 2011
This movie sucks.
Beefy
½ January 25, 2011
A film that had no right to be good, and yet was consistently enjoyable. Not quite the next Rocky Horror like they're making it out to be, but certainly worth the watch.
deano
½ October 31, 2010
Vampires in rock 'n' roll! Suck is a tongue-in-cheek rock'n'roll road movie with a sense of humour blacker than Dracula's hair.
Writer-director-actor Rob Stefaniuk is clearly one to watch. He keeps things moving at a rollicking pace, incorporates some clever animation, and manages to get good performances from a cast that veries in experiences. An though his commentary on both the vampire trend and the fact that many artists have to lose their soul to attain success in music these days is far from subtle, we're never beaten over the head with the message.
September 17, 2009
This is the best movie I've seen of the film festival yet. I can't get over what a great sense of humour Rob Stefaniuk has, and it's got everything that I loved about Phil the Alien and then some. I think the thing I find most endearing about this movie is how casual everyone is. This must be the most casual vampire movie I've ever seen. It amused me how everyone treated the vampire's hunger as though it's a drug problem, and the ensuing dead bodies as an inconvenience. I also really liked the way they likened the vampire's human servant - a staple of the vampire movie - to a roadie. I can't think of anything bad to say about this movie, except for perhaps the contact lenses of the vampires looked a little too spacy for me. But even then I loved their character design. Especially the head vampire who almost never stops grinning. See this movie. It's a fantastic comedy and a terrific vampire movie. What a gem.
July 8, 2009
FIRST REVIEW!

If you like vampire movies (which I usually don't) or rock and roll movies (which I always do), you'll love Suck. Great cameos, funny moments, a film that exploits the clichés of both genres and tells a pretty funny and ridiculous story. A great piece of Canadian content that I was lucky enough to see a test screening of - it will likely get better once you can't see the booms on the flying people anymore!
June 14, 2013
Rob Stafaniuk creates these movies like Phil the Alien and now Suck which are good but not great. There are good laughs but nothing terribly memorable. It will be interesting to see if he can piece together something that rises out of the "just okay" category.
iLeo
½ February 18, 2011
Hilarious! In hopes of landing a recording deal and achieving fame, an unknown rock band plays at various venues in parts of Canada and northeastern US. When a key member of the band becomes a vampire, the fellow band mates begin to ponder their own mortal existences as the rise of 'vampirism' infatuation becomes highly popular.
Rob Stefaniuk, Jessica Paré, Paul Anthony, Mike Lobel, Chris Ratz, Malcolm McDowell, Dave Foley, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Henry Rollins, Moby, and Dimitri Coats. Worthy!
June 12, 2012
Just....no. If ever a movie were to turn me off vampires, this would be it. McDowell gives (deliberately?) the worst performance of his career, sad to say. The music is generaslly painful to listen to, though there were one or two not-so-bad ones. The main rock band guys actually make things a little fun, but the girl manages to drag things back down by vamping it up at every opportunity (pun mostly not intended). The script makes it difficult to actually give much of one about any of the characters, and although it's neat to see so many rock stars in one place they're not really onscreen long enough for it to make a difference or add to the story (except for Alice Cooper, who rocks).
½ October 21, 2010
What do you get when you combine ALice Cooper, Iggy Pop & Vampires?

I wanted to se this cause 1. Vampires & 2. Alice Cooper, Henry Rollins, Iggy Pop, & many other musicians are in it. The vamp's eyes change colors.. sometimes white, electric blue usually & othertime (before feeding) red. The Singing vampire is cheesy & can't seem to close his mouth w/ his fangs in. (I hate that) LMAO! Stabs w/ a straw through neck,.. that's new! There's a few musical numbers in it but not like broadway play type or break into a song for no reason type. The girl looks a bit corpse bride for a bit I guess she needed to feed. There's maybe some campy parts w/ hints of Dracula in it (like when Dracula watched mina from afar you could see his face in the sky. The band in the movie was called the Winners.. & I think there's an actual band w/ that title now my question is... is it the same band! If there's a soundtrack I'd like to get it. there was a coupole songs in it that were creepy cool & maybe a bit Goth. C+
½ September 7, 2010
OK.. Yes it's bad.. It's not scary, or even funny BUT it has Henry Rollins, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, and the great Malcolm McDowell in it as well as Dave Foley of News radio and Kids in the Hall fame. Alice and Iggy were especially good in the film but it does not save it from mediocrity.. Jessica Paré is especially beautiful in the movie, even with pale white skin and gorgeous contact enhanced blue eyes.. Watch only if bored to tears...
½ February 24, 2015
Good for a few chuckles and worth seeing if nothing else for the freaky vampire played by the lead singer from Burning Brides (looks like Johnny Depp's version of the Mad Hatter).
½ April 4, 2013
March 4, 2013
One star for each beer you consume watching this, but fun campy Vamp stuff + cameos, and plenty of goofy gore.
September 9, 2012
I have had this movie for years and never watched and now i FEEL LIKE A DICK for not watching it
½ July 4, 2012
Doesn't take a geniusto notice that the guest actors in this flick is way better than the main cast. Henry Rollins was fucking awesome!
½ May 7, 2012
Loved this film. It's not a big budget Hollywood film, rather it's an indie rock-scene vampire satire. Over the top humorous gore, bit of stop motion, and some rocking musical numbers! If you love your rock music, and enjoy comedy vampire flicks, then you will enjoy this.
March 25, 2012
This is just a glorified music video with some amusing rock references. This is good to be on in the background of something else, but that's about it. The best thing technically was showing a young Malcolm MacDowell.
March 8, 2012
this movie is one i can watch again and again.the music kicked a%# and hey who dosnt like vampires?