• PG-13, 1 hr. 39 min.

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Lottery Ticket Reviews

Everett J

February 24, 2011
Very predictable, and pretty generic. But the movie has a few very funny one-liners, and a pretty good performance by Bow Wow. Not the best out there, but I've seen comedies that are a lot worse than this for sure.
Richard C

December 25, 2010
A very unfunny and boring movie. It was an interesting concept but a bad execution. I only laughed 3 times the whole movie. D
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

August 23, 2010
Moral: "Money Doesn't Change You, It Changes the People Around You!"
It was entertaining and fun, not alot of comedy involved but it was a good movie.

Kevin Carson is a young man living in the projects who has to survive a three-day weekend after his opportunistic neighbors find out he's holding a winning lottery ticket worth $350 million.
KJ P

May 29, 2010
Lottery Ticket has wit, heart, a cool story, and a lot of emotion. This film is about a regular kid from the poor town in the projects who wins the lottery and just wants to make his town a better place, but when greed and girls come into his life he gets sidetracked. His ticket is stolen and he has to get it back before he loses it to the biggest jackass in the town. It seems like a basic story, and that is okay, because they do the absolute best they can with what they have to work with here. The Lottery Ticket is a fun entertaining movie that is surprisingly worth seeing!
Apeneck F

August 22, 2010
blech! i hope the cast got paid up front.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
Lottery Ticket tries to be funny, but ends up failing.
Fascade F

August 24, 2010
Never have I seen a lottery ticket bring so much joy, hunger, mistrust, and greed to a single story. This is something for you to see if anyone wins the Lottery...LOL! In this movie ther were some good laughs...and a scene where a man actually squeeeeealssss...yup see this...it is a good one!
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

July 7, 2011
"Money don't change you...it changes the people around you."

Lottery Ticket stars Bow Wow as Kevin Carson, an eighteen-year-old high school graduate who lives in the hood and works at Foot Locker, but dreams of becoming a shoe designer. Things become complicated when he wins a lottery jackpot of $370 million.

In spite of trying to keep his good fortune a secret, soon the neighborhood flocks to his home seeking a piece of the pie. People who had previously ignored him now shower him with attention. But for Kevin the real trick will be making it through the Fourth of July holiday weekend when he can go to the Lottery office and turn in his ticket that could potentially change his and his grandma's life forever. All he has to do now is avoid a thug out for his blood, figure out who his real friends are, and make nice with the local kingpin.
Philip P

August 22, 2010
Honestly, this was better then I expected it to be. It looked like a run of the mill comedy with a great African American ensemble cast. I don't point that out because I am white, but because it is one of the strengths of the film. Not just the cast, but the environment in which this is set. If it were not for the environment, this movie would not exist. Taking place in what is 'the hood' somewhere in the southern region it seems is the story of a young man who gets lucky, wins big and learns a whole bunch of lessons in the three days before he can actually claim the cash that help him make the right decisions when he actually does get the money. Bow Wow is good here, considering i haven't seen him much since 'Roll Bounce', which I enjoyed thoroughly, he has grown as an actor and as a presence. Here, he is easily likeable and gives us a character that we can easily root for, someone we wouldn't mind seeing win the lottery. if it can't be me, I'm glad its him. His best friend, as in 'Roll Bounce', is again played by Brandon T. Jackson who is one of the most promising young actors in Hollywood today. Not only is he hilarious in nearly every scene, but when his role calls for its dramatic moments, he truly makes you feel them. The rest of the cast is filled out in what are almost cameos-Loretta Devine is hilarious as Bow Wows grandmother, Mike Epps is a scene stealer as the local preacher and Terry Crews, Charlie Murphy and Ice Cube all are in fine form here. On a side note it was nice to see Jason Weaver getting some work. As for the story, it is predictable but fun and even though we know the lesson our main character will learn and overcome the film has a great pace and flow to it. It never lingers too long or flies by at a speed we aren't able to absorb whats going on. It is honestly the best thing the film has going for it, props to the editor. Though I still don't see the reason for Keith Davids character except to support the montage of Bow Wow and his friends actually spending some money, I guess that was necessary, but hoped they could have pulled this off in a less cliche manner. As said earlier though, this rose above my moderate expectations and while it never becomes something more than an average comedy, it is easily seen as a movie that anyone could enjoy. Everyone's a winner with this one...except for this review which just received the cheesiest final sentence ever.
MOVEECRITIC
MOVEECRITIC

August 10, 2010
Purchased a "Lottery Ticket", definately didn't hit the jackpot.
Remi L

April 1, 2010
It actually turned out the way I thought it would. It was funny, VERY reminiscent of the Friday series. Ice Cube even had a role! Except he played the wise and seasoned elder. This film follows the mayhem that ensues when a neighborhood boy (Bow Wow), wins the $370 million lottery. I think Bow Wow has really found his niche. Roll Bounce was good, maybe a little better than this film, but he's really coming into his own. I love Loretta Devine; her role as the sweet but naive grandmother was very fitting. You can't help but like her, even when she's yelling at you, lol. I miss these kinds of comedies. Definitely worth checking out on a weekend night at home with friends.
joniboniaz
joniboniaz

October 9, 2010
Wow, Angelina Jolie was sizzling in this one, and Liev Schreiber is such a good actor. The action was non-stop, and a few twists and turns keeps the audience on its toes. Agent Salt sure was resilient in this one ! Perhaps Eveline AsSault would have been a better name.
bamadeb77
bamadeb77

August 21, 2010
kinda funny with grandma but nothin special
jcareb
December 5, 2012
At first this film sucked. But it got better. It even got better faster i'm giving it a 4/5 stars and a B+. GRADE:B+
February 25, 2012
it has a few truly comedic moments, sadly only from minor characters like Terry Crews(love him), but the main character is a real knucklehead here. then again he is played by an 'actor'(haha) named Bow Wow.
January 30, 2012
I would say it's quite entertaining. Though it kinda reminds me of the movie "The Women". In "The Women", not one male character appeared on the show. In "Lottery Ticket", not a single non-black character appeared on the show. And even when they do, it's only as cameos.
December 1, 2010
Not quite sure how I feel about this one...It had some humor, but not consistently so. I loved the knock out punch to the bad guy near the end (spoiler alert). But overall, I was not excited about this movie. This one was free also and I had nothing better to watch or I would have watched it...
M9z8759483
July 29, 2010
lottery ticket is a very funny comedy that tells the story of kevin carson (bow wow) goes to the local grocery store and gets a lottery ticket but even though its 4th of july weekend he cant turn in the winning ticket so from then on kevin deals with some trouble but lottery ticket is a very funny comedy with an all star cast highly recommended.
April 19, 2011
good comedy all star casts explores what happens when u win the lottery & can't cash in cos its a holiday.
wigscrue1
February 18, 2011
Pretty Good and bad they make a lot cracks about the ghetto. The ending was pretty predictable. To my suprise they didn't make any white jokes kinda good right. There moments from famous people. This was a pretty good movie overall.