The Wild Hunt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wild Hunt Reviews

June 10, 2015
I loved this movie, save for the extremely annoying bitch that for some reason attracts more than one man with her noxious, over-dramatic behavior. Aside from that, it's a gem.
If you can just get past that this rapid ape of a woman is apparently worth suffering for.
December 8, 2011
A gutsy, confident movie. Fine, realistic portrayals of awkward, uncomfortable people. Takes you slowly and assuredly to places you never would have, at the beginning, expected.

I recommend seeing this one knowing as little as possible in advance.
May 21, 2014
This film is amazing! I was fortunate enough to catch this while it was on Netflix. This film starts off a little slow, and is kind of humorous. A slow build up of character and plot development and without even realizing it, you are on the edge of your seat. This is a movie that you may have mixed feelings about if you only watch the first half. However, you will be rewarded with a great movie experience if you can watch from beginning to end.
½ August 29, 2012
Hilarious, tense, a bit frightening and sad all at the same time. The actors are great and so is the cinematography.
July 4, 2012
Filmed with a budget of only 500,000. the costumes and scenery are remarkable. some drastic lighting on occasions but nothing your eyes cant adjust to after a few moments. the plot is mainly based around a couple where the girl is seeking an escape through a LARP[live action role playing]ing community. she leaves and the boy follows. not a very great storyline but the side action will keep your attention. LARPers ranging from elves, vikings, and celts - mainly a middle age era game. they have large grounds for the many players and are in full character. the boy is not a LARPer and disturbs the game by disrupting the order of events. the role playing and costumes are worth the watch. this movie has a slower pace and has a large indie feel. the last 20 minutes will have you filled with fear, shock, and have your jaw dropped on the floor. role playing reachs a drastic reality. the game is no longer a game. i will not watch again and will have certain images slammed in my mind for a very long time. worth a view but prepare for a very non-typical movie ending. its refreshing but will make your skin prickle and your heart race.
½ May 19, 2012
Tales of a LARP exercise gone horribly wrong in a "Romeo and Juliet" fashion. Great script, some so-so acting with a few notable exceptions, and pretty kick-ass scenery and costumes considering their origins. Definitely worth a look.
May 13, 2012
A psychological thriller highlighting how hell hath no fury like a frustrated knight in shining armor, even if he only has a plastic sword at his disposal
April 18, 2012
This movie is a fascinating look at the merging of fantasy and reality and the consequences that can come from losing that sight. Love the film. I'll buy this one as soon as I find it on Blu-ray.

If I have to give a rating, I'll give it a solid 8.5 out of 10 stars. Not a perfect movie with the rough editing and the lighting being too dark at times, but it fit the tone and tension provided by the story.
January 24, 2012
Laughing at first, tense and sweating by the end. There's a few good twist in this tale of growing into manhood...no not kighthood. And remeber kids, don't take payote while in character.
November 7, 2011
This movie starts off slow, and it's framed--literally--very oddly. The cinematography does a great job of drawing you into the world of Live Action Role Playing games. There's a lot of comedy early on, mostly poking fun at how ridiculous LARPs are. The whole time, though, there's this feeling that maybe the game's being taken too seriously. It all comes to a gripping conclusion.

I started this film thinking it would be about 3, then a 3.5, but by the time the end credits rolled, I had literally said "DAMN" out loud enough times to rate it 4. I rarely ever get that surprised from watching a movie.
October 13, 2011
You think this is going to be goofy fun, and it is for a bit before taking a hard left turn into seriously disturbing territory. "When you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you."
September 25, 2011
I have never been LARPing, but this movie sure made LARPing look appealing. I know some LARPers did not like this movie because it made LARPers look like geeks, but I did not feel that they looked geeky, a few people in the movie looked geeky, but I know a few LARPers and I don't feel the people in this movie were anymore geeky than the people I know

This was a very well done independent movie. The acting was excellent. The basis of the story is centered around a early twenty year old boy(Erik) and girl(Lyn). Lyn is a LARPer, and in this Larp world she is a Norse princess who has been kidnapped by the bad guys of the LARP world whose ruler is a Shaman. Erik is not a Larper, but his brother Bjorn Larps, and Eriks brother is the one who introduced Lyn to the world of Larping.

Lyn goes away for the weekend and Erik senses he is losing Lyn, so Erik gets in his car and heads to the wilderness where the Larping takes place. This story is centered around Erik out of his element in a LARP world trying to get Lyn back, he resists roleplaying in the Larp world and the story takes some interesting twists.

I suggest avoiding spoilers for this movie. If it sounds interesting give it a try. Its a well acted movie and the movie has enough to make it a worthwhile watch.
September 21, 2011
LARPing never looked as good as it did in this film. Visually, the movie is fantastic, and the acting was also nearly flawless. The director did a great job of setting the mood throughout the film, and it had an odd, but strangely captivating romantic vibe. It fell off a bit at the end for me, honestly everything got too real. I feel like they tried to do to much to make it 'dark'. I would have been fine if they kept it clever and quirky and gave it a fairy tale ending, the plot had enough uniqueness to make it stand on it's own even with a generic ending.
½ June 16, 2011
Probably more entertaining in concept than in execution, this atmospheric parable about the games men play manages to look great on a low budget. It's "Lord of the Flies" for adults.
January 26, 2011
Cost me over $35 to get this DVD and it was worth every penny. For a low budget film the acting was great and the film was intense. Highly recommended.
January 3, 2011
Taking LARP to the extreme, this film moves a little slowly and takes some time to get in to, but once you do, it's got quite a hook. I thoroughly enjoyed the roller-coastery last half. Nice ending, guys.
½ July 26, 2010
The foreign setting and memorable characters are transporting, but its the movie's surprising shift from a comedy to a thriller that make it a truly unique and captivating film.
88/100
February 10, 2016
I thought it was great. I'm not into LARP but I am a lifelong tabletop nerd and this film really spoke to me.
June 10, 2015