• Betrayed

Betrayed Reviews

ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

September 6, 2010
I dont know if it was me but I had the feeling well please dont get me wrong, but there are actors who are really great at playing the character Tom Berenger had in the Movie, but Tom Berenger`s acting in this Movie was really scaring. I mean it was like he was not acting, if it was himself.
Well

It is sickening for me to hear small Children Swear so badly in the Movies. It was Pervert how the 6 years old little girl abused the Brothers and Jews. I was speechless.

I had the feeling the Message is for all "None American and other race than whites" to be aware of, "we are everywhere."

I dont know perhaps I missinterpreted the Movie Message, what I doubt.

Very catchy topic. Sad fact is that these things are still happening and they are out of control. It is easier to look away but if they are right under our nose, we cannt deny or ignore and when some of us belong to the other side it is worster.
If anyone thinks this Movie is "Inspiring" that person is just too disturbed I AM SORRY BUT HOW CAN ANY ONE FIND A MOVIE LIKE THIS "INSPIRING AND TOUCHING"?!! unless well...
I thought I have seen everything. I was wrong.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 2, 2008
If the script had matched Debra Winger's performance it would be a five star rating.
John B

September 3, 2007
Films like this appeared on a weekly basis in the eighties. They were easily forgotten on leaving the theatre. I hope Debra winger and Tom Berenger were paid well.
Anthony V

July 7, 2008
Not bad, just not good.
Audrey L

March 24, 2008
This film is one of my all time favorites,despite the abhorant setting-white supremaciy in the good old USA. It moved me immeasurably,with the cognitively dissonent portrayal of positive American values and surface level small town America,with the hatred and racism nicely hidden under the facade.

The conflicted love story was very powerful in illustrating raw sexual passion as a fatal flaw in many instances.Berringer was an extremely charasmatic and erotic character and Winger was at her finest in portraying the equally erotic, undercover agent who is seduced into merging with Berringer and his family-and their love for white cake!

Disturbing,infuriating and compelling-a movie that does far more than entertain-it educates and promotes a sense of universal humanity and the erradication of racist hate groups.
February 3, 2008
Good movie from what I remember. It's a shame that she wasn't able to take the fucker out! I'm not fond of the ending, but it was still good & certainly worth watching.
November 3, 2013
The story is scary enough in itself, but Berenger is scary as heck as white supremacist and Winger does one of her best roles. 25 years later, it's withstood the test of time and is still a great movie.
January 27, 2013
ZOG stands for Zionist Occupation Government. Scary movie about modern Americans who are white supremacist and members of the KKK embracing the Nazi ideology and making their lives' ultimate goal to rid USA of 'Kites, Niggers and Orientals' from USA and restore it to Aryan race. A young Tom Berenger and a beautiful Debra Winger made a handsome couple. Love got in the way of their official duties and entrusted responsibilities. This is highly believable for those of us who have experienced true love.
December 8, 2012
The most over-the-top, ridiculous, piece of stereotyping I've ever seen. For someone who was born & raised in the South this is so silly and no one here would even think of such nonsense. Are their Klansmen? Fewer than gang members. Do people distrust the government? Yes, most people do to a degree. Especially in this day.
The movie takes the most ridiculous notion and tries to make it believable, like "hunting blacks". In the 1980's? Gimme a break!
Teaching your children about silly notions as "Zog" and so forth is so silly and laughable it's sickening. People here don't talk like this and sure as hell don't act this way.
It's easy to use the South as some hickville, backwoods, stereotypical place to imagine "hunting blacks" but we now know most crime involving blacks is black-on-black crime. Don't waste your time on this one...
starlett2005
March 12, 2012
Betrayed is a decent film. It is about an FBI agent who infiltrates a Klanlike white supremacist organization. Debra Winger and Tom Berenger give good performances. The script is okay but could have been done better. Costa-Gavras tried to make this movie likable. I had high expectations for this motion picture but was let down.
Monsieur Rick
December 4, 2010
Suspensful after about a third of the film is done. Slow to get traction, this becomes a suspense filled crime drama about citizen militias afraid of Z.O.G. ie Zionist Operated Government. Falling in love with the object of an investigation has a price and our undercover agent gets to see more than she ever thought possible.

FBI undercover agent sent in to infiltrate a farming community after talk show host is murdered. While some suspect her use of a camera at a July 4th celebration picnic is suspicious, our heroine gets close enough to her boyfriend to learn there is something terribly wrong in this seemingly loving, rural community.

Slow paced but worth watching once, the title is pretty descriptive. Award winning Bill Conti provides the soundtrack which is scarce heard, but he is award winning for composing The Right Stuff and Rocky movie series soundtracks.

Pretty good inside look at militia movements and the FBI attempt to infiltrate them. The ending soundtrack song is by Waylon Jennings and appropriate.

Cast
Debra Winger (starred in Urban Cowboy years earlier)
Tom Berenger
Robert Swann
Maria Valdez

Crew
Cinematographer: Patrick Blossier

Composer: Bill Conti (award winning for The Right Stuff, Rocky series, others, soundtrack composer)

Director: Costa Gavras
Costume Designer: Joe I. Tompkins
Producer: Irwin Winkler
Papascrubs
January 22, 2006
This movie will make you think for days after. Very powerful.
jennifer's picks & pa
July 6, 2005
Someone To Watch Over Me is a crime drama driercted by Ridley Scott starring Tom Berenger, Lorraine Bracco, and Mimi Rogers. It pretty much has your standard plot although Bracco is a treat to watch as the jealous wife of detective Berenger who is protecting Rogers.

Kansas is a forgettable story of tow guys who end up robbing a bank. One has a conscious and finds a girl. Stars Andrew McCarthy, Matt Dillon and Leslie Hope.

Fresh Horses is a tepid romantic drama starring Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy. Also features very early roles by Ben Stiller And Viggo Mortenson.

St. Elmo's Fire is an ensemble piece featuring Demi Moore, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Ally Sheedy, Judd Nelson, Emilio Estevez, Mare Winningham and Andie McDowell. Directed by Joel Schumacher. It's a story about a group of friends who recently graduated college and are trying to find there way through the madness that was the eighties. It's not a particularly good film but may interest some because of the cast.

Betrayed stars Debra Winger as an FBI agent who infiltrated a white supremacist organization and finds herself falling in love with farmer Tom Berenger who happens to be one of it's leader's. Although the plot is failry predictable I thought the performances were strong enough to make this film work. Berenger, balancing good and evil, is memorable.