Average Rating: 6/10
Reviews Counted: 32
Fresh: 22 | Rotten: 10
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 4
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 121,600
Colonel Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is retired and living peaceably with his 10-year-old daughter (Alyssa Milano) when she is kidnapped by the henchmen of an exiled Latin American dictator. The dictator's plan is to reinstate himself in power by eliminating the president of his country, using Matrix to kill him (or he will kill the kidnapped daughter). Matrix escapes from the plane that is supposed to be carrying him to his mission and then proceeds to go from one violent confrontation to the
Oct 4, 1985 Wide
Dec 18, 2001
20th Century Fox
Watch It Now
Col. John Matrix
Rae Dawn Chong
David Patrick Kelly
Girl in Bed
Michael De Lano
Thomas Rosales Jr.
Officer in Galleria
Val Verde Heavy
George W. Elam
Ronald C. McCarty
Val Verde Heavy
John Michael Reyes
Val Verde Heavy
Boy in Bed
Comic book stuff, helped out by the presence of Rae Dawn Chong as an airline stewardess whose sarcastic commentary adds some comic counterpoint to the deliberately overscaled action.
Chong lights up the film like a firefly, Schwarzenegger delivers a certain light touch of his own, [and] the result is palatable action comics.
Fox loads this DVD with a host of features, including an audio commentary track by the director that may be more fun than the film.
An audacious comic-book movie on steroids...cinematic junk food, but even a dieter deserves to cheat once in a while. [Blu-Ray]
one of the best arguments available for the action movie as pure entertainment
If you ignore the gigantic lapses in logic, the extraneous female character, and the ending that's a chain-reaction of one farcical thing after another . . .
A violent guilty pleasure from the Schwarzenegger estate
- Col. John Matrix: Excuse me, how long is the flight?
- Flight Attendant: About eleven hours, sir.
- Col. John Matrix: Thank you. And please don't wake my friend. He's dead tired.
- Bennett: Man, I feel good just like old times. How does it feel like to be a dying man? You're a dead man, John!
- Col. John Matrix: Bullshit!
- Bennett: John, I'm not gonna shoot you between the eyes, I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!
- Col. John Matrix: [Matrix has thrown a pipe through Bennett] Let off some steam, Bennett.
- Col. John Matrix: Sully, remember when I promised I would kill you last?
- Sully: [being held by his leg, by the wrist of Matrix, over a cliff] That's right, Matrix, you did!
- Cooke: [as he lets Sully go] I lied.
- Intercept Officer: Fuck you asshole!
- Intercept Officer: [gun is fired but the magazine is empty]
- Col. John Matrix: No, fuck YOU asshole!
There are no discussion threads for Commando yet.
Latest News on Commando
June 15, 2011:John Davis Talks Commando Remake and More
The "Mr. Popper's Penguin" producer (try saying that ten times fast) discusses the state of some...
October 19, 2010:20 Mismatched Movie Fights
In Hollywood, the good guy always wins -- even if the bad guy towers over him. Here's a Total Film...
April 29, 2010:Fox Locks, Loads Commando Remake
Hot on the heels of "Predators" comes news that another Schwarzenegger vehicle, 1985's "Commando"...
- Phantom Kommando (DE)
- Commando (1985) (CA)