Average Rating: 6/10
Reviews Counted: 32
Fresh: 22 | Rotten: 10
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 4
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 136,827
Colonel Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is retired and living peaceably with his 10-year-old daughter (Alyssa Milano) when she is kidnapped by the henchmen of an exiled Latin American dictator. The dictator's plan is to reinstate himself in power by eliminating the president of his country, using Matrix to kill him (or he will kill the kidnapped daughter). Matrix escapes from the plane that is supposed to be carrying him to his mission and then proceeds to go from one violent confrontation to the
Oct 4, 1985 Wide
Dec 18, 2001
20th Century Fox
Watch It Now
Col. John Matrix
Rae Dawn Chong
David Patrick Kelly
Boy in Bed
Michael De Lano
George W. Elam
Officer in Galleria
Girl in Bed
John Michael Reyes
Val Verde Heavy
Val Verde Heavy
Val Verde Heavy
Thomas Rosales Jr.
Ronald C. McCarty
Latest News on Commando
June 15, 2011:John Davis Talks Commando Remake and More
The "Mr. Popper's Penguin" producer (try saying that ten times fast) discusses the state of some...
October 19, 2010:20 Mismatched Movie Fights
In Hollywood, the good guy always wins -- even if the bad guy towers over him. Here's a Total Film...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Comic book stuff, helped out by the presence of Rae Dawn Chong as an airline stewardess whose sarcastic commentary adds some comic counterpoint to the deliberately overscaled action.
Chong lights up the film like a firefly, Schwarzenegger delivers a certain light touch of his own, [and] the result is palatable action comics.
An audacious comic-book movie on steroids...cinematic junk food, but even a dieter deserves to cheat once in a while. [Blu-Ray]
one of the best arguments available for the action movie as pure entertainment
A violent guilty pleasure from the Schwarzenegger estate
Totally hilarious by today's standards. The opening credits with Arnold and Alyssa Milano are a thing of beauty, and the glam rock tune that ends things is genius.
Before this, I didn't know you could cram that many groan-causing one-liners into a movie. Thus, began the death of my innocence.
So bad it's good, a guilty pleasure.
Audience Reviews for Commando
Movies Like Commando
- Col. John Matrix: Excuse me, how long is the flight?
- Flight Attendant: About eleven hours, sir.
- Col. John Matrix: Thank you. And please don't wake my friend. He's dead tired.
- Bennett: Man, I feel good just like old times. How does it feel like to be a dying man? You're a dead man, John!
- Col. John Matrix: Bullshit!
- Bennett: John, I'm not gonna shoot you between the eyes, I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!
- Col. John Matrix: [Matrix has thrown a pipe through Bennett] Let off some steam, Bennett.
- Col. John Matrix: Sully, remember when I promised I would kill you last?
- Sully: [being held by his leg, by the wrist of Matrix, over a cliff] That's right, Matrix, you did!
- Cooke: [as he lets Sully go] I lied.
- Intercept Officer: Fuck you asshole!
- Intercept Officer: [gun is fired but the magazine is empty]
- Col. John Matrix: No, fuck YOU asshole!
Discuss Commando on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Phantom Kommando (DE)
- Commando (1985) (CA)