Crawlspace Reviews

½ February 15, 2013
I was really enjoying this movie and Kinski until the little twist we learn about his character makes it all very cliche by the end. Still, it's worth watching, Kinski plays a real psycho, and that's always entertaining, I think. It's a pretty good scary flick.
JonathanHutchings
½ March 24, 2012
All you need to know is that Klaus Kinski plays a psychotic Nazi landlord. That will either intrigue you, or it won't. As you can see, I'm in the former category.
Beefy
½ November 17, 2007
Silly, unbelievable, slow moving... but Kinski makes it worth the watch.
March 17, 2008
Here's a stretch: Klaus Kinski plays a psychopathic landlord that stalks his beautiful tenants and uses Jews in his experiments that would make the Fuhrer proud. yes, there is a gimp.
John2223
½ May 7, 2011
What a waste of time! Don't trust in the trailer, it is misleading
½ December 9, 2009
This was a pretty interesting movie. A retired medical doctor who'd been murdering people since 1970 documents all his murders. He owns an apartment complex and kills the tenants which are females. My guess is that he saw them as the weaker sex or lab rats, as was indicated with all the spying and loosing of rats. The men were more of a convience than anything. This movie was really good. What I don't understand is how no one noticed his creepiness from the start. he talked creepy. Responded creepy and looked insane. Didn't take a genius to figure that one out.
November 2, 2009
come now people the perv on perv action was just a cheap move however this may have been a good horror if it had been made with a bit better writing the story line was good however lacked in depth and affects
March 1, 2015
Well this movie was fucked but at least it had a clear cut ending
½ October 29, 2014
I honestly don't think anyone could have gave a more disturbing performance then Klaus Kinski!
December 6, 2014
Please Kill Mr Kinski. Hahaha! The notoriously difficult actor managed to posses director David Schmeoller to produce a short film on the exploits of Mr Kinski on set of "Crawlspace". Kinski is however a very gifted actor and this film remains interesting solely by his very presence. Kinski is quoted as saying on the set "Don't yell cut. Why do directors always yell cut? You will stop when I am finished."
November 6, 2014
True Klaus Kinski is a great actor, but this film really does not do it justice, the leitmotif of the character has too many holes, if he enjoys killing their victims do not understand the final crashing and why leaves threatening all meticulously displayed and built to rush to destroy his empire control. This film had a lot to give but ultimately just leaves a bad taste.
October 18, 2014
CRAWLSPACE IS A GREAT HORROR FILM. KLAUS KINSKI'S PERFORMANCE AS THE DERANGED NAZI IS SPECTACULAR. ANY AND ALL FANS OF HORROR FILMS SHOULD SEE AND THIS FILM AND ADD THIS FILM TO THEIR COLLECTION. THIS FILM IS ALWAYS IN MY TOP 10 LIST BEST HORROR FILMS OF ALL TIME
March 11, 2014
I get the sense that they shot a great movie here and cut it into a confusing mess. Too bad.
November 30, 2012
84%

"I use'd to kill in the name of science, now I kill because I'm addicted to killing."-Dr. Karl Gunther (Klaus Kinski)

I'll watch anything this weirdo is in. Better then PEEPING TOM.

"So be it."-Gunther
February 9, 2012
Ridiculously awful. A mishmash of genres and styles that has absolutely no idea what it wants to be with the worst T&A ever - even for gratuitous nudity the little bit in the movie was bad (and come on, how can hot naked girls be bad???). Take the worst elements from the worst sorority horror, Nazi hunters, demented doctor, caged victim films blend randomly and it will still be better than this. You can safely skip this movie
September 26, 2011
If you like Klaus Kinski creeping around in crawlspaces, keeping chicks in cages, and killing co-eds, this could be considered a classic!
June 27, 2011
In a performance both nuanced and frightening, Klaus Kinski helps prove that Charles Band's Empire Pictures films were light-years ahead of his later Full Moon work....
½ December 22, 2009
One of the WORST! films I have ever seen in my 17 years of life. When I was through with the movie, I thought it was a spoof of a horror movie. That's how bad it was....Also in my history classes I've never recalled Nazis wearing lipstick!
June 10, 2008
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Crawlspace is great slice of 80s horror with an incredible lead performance by Klaus Kinski as Dr Karl Gunther, son of a crazed Nazi war criminal.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000] [/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Dr Gunther runs an apartment which he lets out only to pretty young girls. Here it all goes Metal Gear Solid as he uses the Crawlspaces to spy on the girls. When they complain to him about the noise, he tells it's just a rat problem.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000] [/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Gruesome deaths? Check.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Hot girls? Check.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Frenzied rats? Check.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Charismatic killer? Check.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Mute girl trapped in cage as a pet in the attic? Check.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Tequila milkshake? Check (Really).[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000] [/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]After every kill Dr Gunter plays Russian Roulette, declaring chillingly "[i]So be it[/i]" when he survives. Kinski plays this soft-spoken maniac to perfection. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000] [/color][/font][/size]

[font='Times New Roman'][color=#000000]Really worth checking out.[/color][/font]